Suggestion for forums

Suggestion for new forums - like old ones have class forums

2 Likes

We’re not planning to create subforums for every single class, although I can create specific tags for each class to be used in the Age of Conan category.

3 Likes

Another useful tag that I think you may not yet have are:
Guild
Crom (PvE server)
Fury (PvP server)

Also it appears there will not be dedicated non-English forum sections so I think being able to tag the posts with language would be helpful for navigation for the non-English speaking communities of Age of Conan. At a minimum being able to tag as German, French, English. But also there is Russian, Spanish and Korean communities so those would also be helpful

(I have a 30min train journey to work now so have time to put down a few thoughts)
Any way you can make clicking links open a new tab in our browser instead of replacing the page we are viewing here? It’s rather awkward having to reload the page we are reading here. Makes it more difficult to read the link and then comment back here …easier to click between the two or put side by side.

Noted that there is only a “like” option… why no “dislike” … if one really wants to know what the community feels about content you have accept the negative as well as the positive feedback. The posts on the old forums could get rather hateful and Anzu frequently had to sharpen his claws on the pages to clean it up … you are encouraging the same here whereas a “dislike” or downvote would give the same feedback without the personal attacks that come out when people are upset.

3 Likes

Good suggestion that - make it happen!

1 Like

Hey Kwalya, I’m not sure if this is what you mean but if you press the three dots next to “Reply” you get additional options. Through the extra options you are able to privately flag posts.

2 Likes

Hi,
I mean there is a quick click :black_heart: “I like this post” option to indicate approval, but no “i dislike this post” option such as :-1: to indicate disagreement.

1 Like

This is an intended feature of Discourse and the platform does not support a “downvote” feature, nor would we (currently) enable such a feature even if it were available. If you come across a post with content you think is in appropriate and violates the rules, please Flag the post. Thanks!

3 Likes

So where is the dev tracker option? I would prefer to be able to browse through those vs reading each and every post.
I liked the old version better

1 Like

There really needs to be more subforums over here on the new forums. You can’t have just a few subforums and expect to be able to know where to look for information. For example, say somebody wants to look up character feats/builds/etc, having a class forum would be good to have. Or somebody has a raid/instance/quest question, a PVE forum would be good. Right now, it would all be lumped into general discussion and that will become unbelievably difficult to find what you are looking for. So do some organizing and implement more subforum categories to make things easier for your users to find.

1 Like

We suggest using the thread tagging system to help organize posts and threads. We’re not interested in opening 12 subforums for specific things. There is, for example, a “#pve” tag you can put on your topic.

2 Likes

Could you add a tag for each class? That would certainly help a lot since we won’t get individual sub-forums.

Sure, that I can do. Done. All 12 classes may now be represented with tags.

3 Likes

Do you know what is up with the organization on the tags page?

https://forums.funcom.com/tags

1 Like

I think I just fixed that. It’s messed up; still trying to get the systems sorted :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Also, I could swear this forum used to indicate when you were replying to another person by showing it at the top of your post. Now that seems gone and the only way you can see it is by editing your post to see that you really did try replying directly to them.

Edit: I can see reply indicators earlier in this thread. New ones don’t appear though.

Yeah good question. I have to get away from the computer for the night but I’ll look into that tomorrow when I’m at the office.

2 Likes

Enjoy your evening :slight_smile:

awesome , I really like that

It would be really nice if we had more extensive post formatting than the basic Markdown.

Discourse apparently does support more formatting (via plugins), like BBCode and HTML.

Some stuff currently appears to work, while others don’t:

[u]Underline[/u]
[s]Strikethrough[/s]
[u][s]Underline strikethrough[/s][/u]
This has <sup>superscript</sup>
This has <sub>subscript</sub>
These are <kbd>Keyboard</kbd> letters
Some more <kbd>⌥⌘C</kbd>
This is a [spoiler]spoiler[/spoiler] -- click the blur to see the spoiler text
[email]nowhere@example.com[/email]
<font color=green>Green color</color>

Underline
Strikethrough
Underline strikethrough
This has superscript
This has subscript
These are Keyboard letters
Some more ⌥⌘C
This is a spoiler – click the blur to see the spoiler text
nowhere@example.com
Green color

I really wish I had the ability to add color.

1 Like

I don’t. But the rest of these are good to know for folks unfamiliar with how else you can style your posts.

1 Like