How about adding simple quests to the game? I know, this isnt Age of Conan but it`ll bring the World of Exiles more alive. Go to NPC settlements, talk to NPC, choose and activate quests.
- Unlocking religions through a series of quests.
- Bounty quests which is basically kill quests (add some random story tidbits to spice it up maybe?)
- Fetch quests; the staple of all quests. Dave wants X amount of items, get it and delivery it. Sonja wants a new pillow case, sent it to her or Chuckles wants 5 Putrid Meat, but we dont have it so you go and get it and delivery it to the Evil Lord.
- Item rewards. Rare items or common items; take your pick.
- Increase “Favourability” in a settlement so they are more likely to turn a blind eye when you clobbered that one female thrall youve been eyeing since you enter the settlement.
- The ability to recruit unrecruitable thralls (Paying X to recruit them).