Summoned surge PVE protection

is there a way to stop other players on official to invade your summoned surge. nothing is more infuriating than you activating a T4 surge with your clan mates and suddenly a few bastards come in to steal the thralls. this is pve i cant defend it in any way, is it reportable or something?

2 Likes

I don’t know if it’s reportable, but they really should fix it in-game. I don’t think relying on reporting is the correct long-term solution.

They need to add something like a “magical force field bubble” or some barrier like that, which activates when a clan activates the Leyshrine during non-PVP hours (which would be 24/7 on PVE servers, 18 hours a day on PVE-C servers, and never on PVP servers), and doesn’t let anyone but that clan go in and out.

3 Likes

I agree with CodeMage, but for now,

I would communicate with them, or perhaps in the future pool resources together. As a rule of thumb, expect some other players to come check out your surges, its unlikely for them to really run off with tons, especially if its a Leyshrine built near you. And if they are just killing all the thralls, I’d be vocal, but still respectful in global, if they do it enough you could report it as griefing, especially if other people on the server see the same people doing it.

Theres also always the option for a Private Server if you want less player interaction.

1 Like

i enjoy playing on official and of course i tried asking them to leave but they just kept mostly killing the thralls they didnt care for anything that the server said and mostly just said that the developers planned on people fighting for surges even though its pve and i can do anything to them. we farmed the 1k ??? and it just sucks big time people can ruin it for you easily

1 Like

I don’t think it’s reportable. It’s a dick move for sure, but lots of things are that without being reportable. It doesn’t seem to fall under the umbrella of exploit, hack or harassment, since it’s just using game mechanics without adversely affecting the server as such (I know it adversely affects the victim, but that’s not the same).

1 Like

I think that stealing Thralls is a legit game mechanics. Haven’t you noticed this in promo video? But it seems that those mysterious Braziers must act similar to Battle Standards producing battle zones around Ley Shrines. Platforms are surrounded by Braziers, and outer circle is far enough to notice that someone is trying to sneak up on the platform or run away with your Thrall. So it should be a kind of game of cat and mouse: you may try and if you’re lucky you’ll get good Thrall without grinding but if not you’ll be killed and looted.

1 Like

did you miss the whole point thats its a PVE server not PVP so theres no danger for the other guy to get killed and looted. i think its a great system for pvp because you can defend it but you cant do anything on pve

But it does fall under the category of “Stupidly thought out ideas”

I get that the map design is pvp focused and this is a great pvp mechanic, but surely they knew this would lead to pve griefing.

At the very, least let pve players summon without broadcasting it to the server on the map.

2 Likes

No argument there.

1 Like

Maybe the surge should produce some thralls that are placed directly into the inventory of the person that starts it. Then the otters appear as they normally do.

Did you miss me speaking of Battle Standards as an example? “In an area around the Battle Standard, PvP is allowed, even outside normal PvP limits”. It means that you can create PVP-zone even on PVE servers with Battle Standards - OR with those Braziers if Funcom decides to do so. There are means to allow PvP on PVE servers already, so let Funcom make PvP mode near burning Braziers obligatory for everybody who decides to pass the border, that’s all.

1 Like

if i wanted to pvp i would go to a pvp server the idea of forced pvp on a pve server is just stupid

@Ko6ka
I think players that play on a PvE server want to PvE, and not PvP.
I think a good solution would be to disable map markers for player made surges on the map.

2 Likes

^^ It doesn’t change the fact that players can see actual surges so they can go to player made surge uninvited and try their luck to got some thralls. I would agree to CodeMage said :“They need to add something like a “magical force field bubble” or some barrier like that, which activates when a clan activates the Leyshrine during non-PVP hours (which would be 24/7 on PVE servers, 18 hours a day on PVE-C servers, and never on PVP servers), and doesn’t let anyone but that clan go in and out.”

1 Like

And why do you think that players are so stupid and will not visit all three shrines just to check?

I would live to see some kind of shield activation in PvE like…

Put in like 20 eldarium bars and get protection from out side… everyone outside the cast cant enter the summon area.

You can only leave and enter the area if you were on the spot when the shield is cast.
This way you are still able to co-op with other clans.

Obviously this leaves one leak… the players that camp the Leyshrines so that they might end up inside the shield cast too… but I prefer at least something over nothing.

In PvP you are able to kill criminals, in PvE you cant do anything, this needs to be addressed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.