Super fast dry wood glitch

This is on a private server.
Joined a private server, the admin was the only one online.
The wood converted to dry wood super quickly, and produced roughly 2x the dry wood than it should have.

I posted in the discord asking about it and it was fixed.
Any ideas what happened?

Greetings Exile,

Thank you for your report. Can you share with us if the private server had any mods installed?

We await your reply.

Hey these are the mods that are installed (selected mods)
Would any of these cause this to happen?

1 Like

Hey!

Thank you for the fast reply. Indeed mods can alter the default behavior of the game. Please let us know if you observe the issue without mods as well.

We appreciate your support.

The dryer makes 2 dry wood and 1 earwax for every 1 wood, so the math seems correct.

1 Like

@Mayra this also happens sometimes on official servers (I play on 1036 and 6546 but this doesn’t really matter).

It can happen with other stations too like:

• Tanner bench
  • Furnace
  • Cauldron
  • Stove*
  • Campfire*

*Sometimes flesh instant rot after you press play… so it cooks then rots immediately.

Most of the time you can’t reproduce this again directly after it happened like shown in the video, it happens once in a while.

1 Like

I’ve encountered this bug too, but only happened 1 or 2 times in ~1 year. Dumped fish, which had more than half an hour left into the campfire, and BANG putrid meat, and no fish.
Was single player tho’, but it seems game mode and mods do not affect this.

1 Like

That happens with gruel cooking a lot to me. (The only thing i usually cook) It has to be 1 gruel in cooking queue, then turn it off. Come back later and remove or add items and start cooking again. And then u get everything insta cooked and a lot spoiled. Doesn’t work always but often. Can happen to thrall taming progress as well.

It has happened to me a few times on the official server 1975, rare cases. I have tried to replicate the bug but it seems that it happens when you open the workstation for the first time after the server restarts.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.