Take All should not remove Thralls or Pets that are being converted

Game mode: Single-player (or any)
Type of issue: Misc
Server type: PvE
Region: Not sure what this means

I accidentally pressed Take All instead of Take while in my Animal Pen. This removed all of the Pets / Hatchlings which voided any progress they had. This seems like a behavior that should not exist. The NPC characters in the separate area of the Animal Pen are distinct from the Inventory area, containing foods.

I do realize that the Wheel of Pain is organized a bit differently, but in each case, the Take All feature should not remove the characters that have an investment of time in conversion, without prompting the user or requiring them to be taken out individually.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Place Pets in the Animal Pen
  2. Wait a few hours
  3. Click upon the Animal Pen to add or remove food (observe progress of domestication)
  4. Press Take All
  5. Observe how the Animals and Food are all returned to your inventory.
  6. Place the NPC back into the Animal Pen (observe they must undergo the full domestication process)
3 Likes

This situation happened to me ONCE AGAIN!

This offered an opportunity to further clarity into the situation.

The User Interface CHANGES whereas the Take (ONE) button was present in the second to the right location, if you repeatedly press it, the button changes to TAKE ALL.

The key is what type of element is present in the inventory. Those which feature an Info field will generate a different list of action buttons than other elements.

Please do not switch the button positions so that a Take becomes a Take All.

Additionally, my original recommendation remains, do not remove Pets / Thralls during a Take All action, if they are being domesticated or broken. Once they have been broken, sure, they could be shifted between inventory.

Hey @bedwin

Welcome to our community and thanks for the feedback.
We’ll send a note to our team suggesting some QoL changes to avoid possible frustrations such as this one in the future.

1 Like

Thank you!

I really like the stack Discourse. It’s interesting to see how you are using it. Working smoothly and is intuitive so far.

Thank you for supporting and assisting the community.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.