Teleporting Problem

I’m probably going to sound stupid but I’m missing something big here. Just started with this game so it’s the first time I’m trying to go Agartha. Can’t seem to do it. I press Alt-T, bring up the selections. Chose a selection…and nothing happens. Can’t move anywhere, either. What am I missing?

I think the first time you go to Agartha you have to walk there =), that goes for anywhere that you visit for the first time. There should be a blue circle or cross or something on your map, unless you turned that part of the UI off. There should also be a 3d marker on your screen, in the direction you need to go, again unless you turned it off.

I was brought to that one room where there are portals so walking there wasn’t an option. I do have a directional pointer but when I walk toward it I fall downward. This is repetitive. I can’t even leave because there’s no exit that doesn’t require me to walk, which then causes me to fall downward into nothingness until I am returned to my starting point.

It sounds like you’re still in the tutorial and are already in Agartha. If you have a spinning icon near the right side of your topbar, your client is downloading background data and you should wait for that to finish before trying to move. You can speed things up by checking the “full client” option in the patcher options and increasing or uncapping the background download speed.

2 Likes

If you’re in Agartha by the portals to New York/London/etc, then there should be a little jump pad thing that’ll launch you to the main platform.

I found the problem when I logged in today. Last night there was LITERALLY no ground. Hence, when I walked anywhere, I fell through nothingness. Today, the ground was there and I was able to use the launch pad. It was a glitch in the game. I thought I was doing something wrong.

1 Like

That’s one of the reasons @Aeryl mentioned that spinning icon. You can fall through the map if you need to download more.

2 Likes

I had no idea about downloading more. I downloaded everything I could download. If I was missing something it was on their end.

Check out Aeryl’s comment above. Be sure you have the full client box checked under options in your launcher, and turn your background download speed to unlimited if you’d like the missing info from the game to download faster. With every new area, you are downloading missing info indicated by the spinning icon that you will see at the top right of the game in the top bar.

1 Like