Testlive Patch (21.12.2018) - Purge Fixes and Building Optimizations

OK, got some screen shots of the strangeness happening on Testlive_US3_PVE. As I mentioned in my previous post, I started a new build by New Asagarth. I got the foundations in place and one high wall going around, with this stairwell going up the side.

Logged back in and the stairwell is mostly missing, and you can see the standing torch is floating in the air where a foundation should be. if i walk there I rubberband around.

So i ran far away, in the hopes it would force a refresh and then it got worse.

20181223204817_1

Most all of the walls are gone, but not really since you cannot pass through the open spaces. visually they have fallen down to the lowest point on the foundations, and some have shifted all over the place.

Set my view distance to low, ran farther away and killed a bunch of stuff for a while and then went back and it was still the same.

I am mostly playing in the grimness of the volcano, since the lag spike issue bothers me a little less there. COuple things worth mentioning:

1. I was able to drag a thrall from inside the forge area, to the normal surface and put in my wheel. Not sure if all portals are now accepting chained thralls, so I check some other cave portals and report later.

2. When knocking out thralls in the volcano (maybe everywhere?), if on a non-player created structure, I frequently end up clubbing them through the floor, so I can’t bind them. Usually if I run away a draw distance and come back, they will reappear for me to bind. EDIT: Knocked a Jeb priest on desert sands and he dropped into the sand and vanished.

3a. PLEASE put some AI in thralls and pets to avoid the lava. There is no way to position a thrall outside a wall, for the purpose of protecting a wall as it is now. Scorpion was agro on me and I watched all my external thralls (mostly named) just run straight into the lava, even after the scorp was already dead.

3b. Also, the creatures that spawn in the volcano should be smart enough not to run into lave either.

3 Likes

I think this is not from this patch, can someone confirm but I’m experiencing it now:
Exiles faction now has II, III and even named thralls spawn on south river area.
This is great to get some starter crafters to reduce cost and time.

You’re right, they’ve been in since around the Halloween patch.

Things I’ve noticed so far:

• when you move things from your inventory to a work-station, or inside your inventory, the yellow boxes which were around your items remain; not a big issue, since the boxes vanish after closing and re-opening the window, but annoying anyway
  • my newly built iron hatchet seems to harvest less ressources from the bodies of slain animals than I received when using my stone hatchet; this can’t be correct, can it? Furthermore, I would also second the proposition to add more bone to the loot, because they’re useful in the beginning to build arrows.

In general it looks good, everything works properly, I like the new stack sizes! Maybe coal-mining is now too easy, getting coal was always kind of a challenge before, now it isn’t anymore.

Additional: played a bit more and encountered some bugs:

• when picking up baby animals they don’t disappear from the screen, though they appear in your inventory.
  • sometimes enemies kind of sink into the ground when knocked down by the final swing of a heavy combo; this especially seems to be the case with archers; they also look kind of weird when standing up from the knockdown, as if they were doing push-ups.

Also noticed some more things which work alright and which I like:

• it seems that higher-level enemies are really better fighters now.
  • higher-level enemies, especially named ones, now seem to leave better loot.
2 Likes

More strangeness going on with pre-existing structures. My main base on Testlive_US3_PVE was there before the new patch went live, and it seemed OK for the first couple days after the patch but today after I went to the New Asagarth and back, it is now all messed up. Foundations have shifted all over the place. screen shots attached.

Some of these were under the altar, but have moved.

All of these foundations from under the Treb have moved.

I don’t know if this is due to the building optimization stuff or a combination effect of that and the testlive server up and running for 3 days.

Either way, hopefully the dev’s can get this sorted out.

Most thralls still only use their first combo step then wait then repeat. They almost never do any creative combos or complete either the heavy or light chain.

Edit: Reproduce: Give Lian a hammer or daggers and make him fight something. He will use the first heavy swing, wait, first heavy swing, wait, fight heavyswing. Maybe Lian is hardcoded for 1 handed weapons because he does more creative chains with sword and shield etc

Another bug list:

• Harlot journal 5, 7 and 8 also has invisible ghost.
  • Definitelly something wrong with iron tools, they seen to harvest less from some animals, like crocodilles and shalebacks. Iron cleaver harvests one meat from shaleback, iron axe harvest one beast flesh and one bone from crocodille per chop, for example.

What is the expected release of the update?

When there are multiple thralls in a close proximity and you spawn in a monster, many of the thralls don’t start attacking. Sometimes they take 10 -20 seconds to register they need to go full agro on the guy or they just bug out and dont attack at all, only a certain amount of the thralls attack. If you could fix this it would do wonders for thrall defense in general.

Bug with thrall hunger on Testlive_US3_PVE. I have a darfari archer 1 and on 12/24 at 21:04 she went to starving. I checked on her yesterday morning (12/25) and she was at 390/780 hit points. Checked on her again this morning and she is still at 390/780. She will not die. If I stand there and watch for a while her health will climb to 399 and then drop back to 390. This keeps repeating.

Bug: Named thralls allow you to craft their exceptional or flawless weapons or armor even if you don’t have the base recipe. The icon shows grayed out but you can actually craft if you click it. Also the text required knowledge at the crafting window description is blank (dont remmember if it ever showed something here).

Another strange thing happened with a pet but I think this is not a new bug.

Had a pet hyena following me when single player game crashed, when I started it again, it was guarding next to me, so I put it on follow again.

From that point on, the pet would not attack anymore it only circled enemies but never hits then.

2 Likes

Good catch. This one can pop up occasionally.

throwing axe cripple status effect only shows up over human npc hp bar, not animals, and it creates a new symbol everytime instead of cripple stack. Also status effects stacks on humans in general are still very small font size.

Also the quickloot menu is a bit buggy, it highlights everything when you try to scroll through it

Bug or intended? Mulled Brew and Century Egg now have expiration timers. They did not before.

Bug or intended? When I turn music slider to minimum, I can still faintly hear it playing. Also, the interface sounds can faintly be heard if all volume sliders are at the minimum. There should be a check box to completely disable these sounds if the sliders will only reduce sound. Some folks disable certain sounds to increase performance, or in my case, I need to listen to new music, after 4 weeks of CE soundtrack.

1 Like

Can you please put something in the game so the boss creatures can be killed solo? I know, I know, you can already kill them solo now – but poking and dodging for 30 minutes is not fun.

And I’m sure you could code so that the boss creature’s HP dynamically changes if another player hits it or even gets close to it. WoW already does this.

And I know there are mods for single player that address this, but I play online. It’s just that I play on very low pop servers where there is rarely anyone else on. (Most players built their stuff and have stopped playing.)

Please consider implementing this as it’s the number one issue I have with the game. You reach max level and realize you’re done because you can’t kill any of the bosses sanely.

2 Likes

For now get pet or thrall with you, cats for bleed Wich IS nice to stack with spear, or somone with sunder, altrought t3 thrall from volcano with 4k HP with teliths sorrow is more than +250 dmg before reductions, i know Ai is some times weird but its ať least something, also Maybe add this in suggestions, its test live thread

Btw Lotus queen with best weapons can be done Under 10 min solo xD

FYI: Testlive_US3_PVE crashed or something, and is no longer letting people login.

only 4 thralls will attack the same target, that’s nothing new or wrong.

1 Like

Did anyone get a purge to see how it went?