Testlive Patch (24.04.2020) - Followers II Rev.3

Greetings once again, Testlive Exiles!

We’re releasing the third revision of our next update with a number of fixes addressing many of the problems reported after our last release. We’ve continued to address additional issues with AI, stances, the command system and the hate list. Other non-AI issues have also been fixed.

Please continue to send us your feedback about this current build so we can keep getting it ready for prime time!

Thanks again for your ongoing support, and stay safe!

Please remember that updates can mess with your installed mods. We suggest taking a backup of your current database before updating to any new patch if you have mods installed.

notes

performance

• Added a number of optimizations in regards of characters and AI.

exploits

• Fixed an issue with inconsistent return of materials.
  • Fixed an issue where it was possible to build inside a certain location.

building

• Fixed an issue where the replacing of ramps and sloped roofs from specific DLCs would work inconsistently.

ai

• Fixed an issue that would cause followers set on follow to react to player’s movements with a delay.
  • Fixed an issue where followers would not teleport correctly when player characters do.
  • Fixed an issue where KO’d NPCs would teleport for a short distance if interacted with no Bindings equipped.
  • Fixed additional hate list issues with world NPCs.
  • Killing Shaleback hatchlings should now draw aggro from nearby adult Shalebacks, just as nature intended.
  • We’ve sent polite notes to @Mikey, @Vattende, @TheLOLxd2 and @Barnes to please let their Chosen of Asura armors be looted again when defeated.
  • Fixed an issue with the Prioritize Ranged tactic.
  • Fixed an issue that would allow followers to be commanded to attack friendly clan mates.
  • Hooved Elks are aggressive to players again. This was a møøse fix issue.
  • Many other animals with lesser puns have also been fixed and they should attack players again as well.
  • Pets with large meshes should no longer get players stuck when activating the Return command.
  • Fixed an issue in regards of players getting stuck inside follower meshes after relogging.

general

• Chilled Godbreaker Plate armor value was inconsistent compared to Godbreaker Plate. This is now fixed.

animation

• Command animations should no longer be played while climbing and issuing orders.

community

Separate TestLive Product on Steam

We heard your input regarding the inconvenience with having to switch back and forth between the main game and our TestLive servers. To make it easier for you and because we really value your testing and feedback, we added a separate product for the TestLive server on Steam.

If you own Conan Exiles on Steam, you should now see a separate Product called “Conan Exiles - Testlive Client” in your library which gives you the option to install an additional instance of the game specifically for the TestLive servers. Please be aware that this will prompt you for a full additional installation.

We are aware that not everyone wants install or has space for two full installations. For those of you who don’t want to play through the additional TestLive Client, you can still access the TestLive servers through our old method.

18 Likes

So, what about their eggs ?

Kappa sitting infront of nest: Oh some random bloke took all my eggs, it’s fine as long as he doesn’t kill the hatchling :}.

6 Likes

Maybe it’s not their eggs what you’re stealing :thinking:

4 Likes

Oh, no ! Has the desert heat and being tied to a cross have finally gotten to me ?:scream: Is the Exile land a illusion and i am actually being taken prisoner and tortured by a evil wizard ?!

1 Like

La educación ante todo :mueca:

I am really amazed by this testing hype. Seems like we are seeing good quality updates now for the main game. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK ! :+1: :+1: :+1:

7 Likes

I’m sorry to say thrall commands are broken, pun intended.

On the official NA PVE server I set this thrall to prefer ranged weapons and guard area, then ordered it to move near the local kudo and it moved once, then never more obeyed any commands and just kept following me 2 meters behind, along with my horse, making it dificult to see.

Edit: this very thrall has the AI broken, it still dosent respond to any command, just follow and fight. Let’s see if anything changes with a server reset.
Tried to replicate the issue with another two thralls with no success.

This calls for an obvious response:

11 Likes

I really like how often we get updates for testing. Bravo! :wave: :wave:

• The human follower and horse are also able to enter the player and block his movements. This happens even without giving orders, running around the area and stopping from time to time.

• The distance between the player and the horse is very short.

• While sitting on a horse, the player does not play the animation of giving the follower’s instructions.

• When sitting on a horse, the horse’s head prevents player from giving orders.

• The horse’s animation stopped reacting to whether it was going up or down the terrain.

I have a small suggestion for controlling followers using the controller.

Problem: It is best to play when commands are given to followers by pressing the (X) button, but it interferes with other elements of the game (building, interacting with other followers). Circular menus overlap.

Solution: Just reduce the circular command menu to fit with the other menus. The inner circle could react when the analog are not fully deflected and the outer circle should only react if the analog are fully deflected.

12 Likes

i want to like this comment again!

2 Likes

Ok my broken AI thrall returned to normal after server reset today.

I think I dont understand what defend area is supposed to do, or it simply dosent work.
I even made a little trap to kill big aligator boss placing three towers with archers and defend the area doesn’t trigger any reaction.

1 Like

The Den is a bit crazy. Is it intended for everyone to have such a large aggro range:

After about 10 seconds, they killed each other. Werehyenas won.

Here is a screenshot of the aggro range. This is how close I needed to approach to aggro the guys at the bonfire:

4 Likes

I think the longer aggro range is a good thing. It makes the NPC more alert and aware of creatures around them (not so ‘blind’ anymore).

3 Likes

I like the large aggro range but they are still blind on some occasions, like if you are behind a spiked wall at first they don’t see you.

1 Like

Exactly why its good for the survival game. You can’t just cruise around invincible. You have to be careful where you go, and how fast, and not draw too many enemies (or you’ll have to either run or climb to get away).

5 Likes

I play solo all the time and find the larger agro range refreshing. I’m forced to be more careful when approaching a camp. I also like the fact that NPCs will follow me for a longer distance when i run away. Feels more threatening and real. Very nicely done.

That being said, i believe this was already mentioned, but horses are following too closely since this last patch. Both my horse and thrall are VERY responsive to my movements which is nice but the horse’s head gets in my line of sight. I made the mistake of having my horse follow me when collecting resources and it was super annoying. He kept trapping me against rocks and I also kept auto aiming at him instead of the rocks.

And that brings me to another concern. I had full encumbrance stats so even though i was over-encumbered, i was still able to walk/run. However, when i hop on my horse, i am stuck with the walking pace. Is that intentional?

My thrall did get stuck at one point in the den. NPCs had pinned him against the edge of a cliff. When they were KO’d he was stuck on the edge of the cliff and i had to run quite a distance to get him to re-spawn beside me. Other than that, he has been following me very nicely. There is also a rock outside of weavers hollow (north entrance) that my horse/thrall gets stuck on every time (this happens when i run out of the cave).

I noticed that the thrall commands we remapped to ‘B’. However, my thrall is no longer following any commands other than return. The popup appears on the right side saying that he is told to move or attack or stop but he doesn’t obey.

Think that’s all i have so far. :slight_smile:

thanks for the update!

2 Likes

Can I haz my armor nau too, pls? :smile_cat:

2 Likes

Well, since it was suggested for others to not bring OP thralls if they want a challenge, maybe one should not go where they will “always” lose if they don;t want challenges. nothing in the Den is really needed to play the game right? I mean we don’t all need all aspects of the game to work for our style.

I also want to go back to the topic of giving commands to followers using a controller.

Earlier I wrote that reducing the commands menu will allow to set the (X) button at the same time as using objects and giving commands to followers.

This setting allows you to easily collect items from the corpse of a defeated opponent and from crates, but this does not solve problems with some objects (door or getting on the horse).

One small change is enough to make this setting 100% usable. Objects should be used with a single press of a button and commands issued to followers should only work when the command button (X) is pressed twice. This will have an additional advantage. Currently, it is easy to issue a command on a test client. Sending a follower by accident to an unwanted place or ordering to kill an innocent person is common. Pressing the button twice seems to involve the player more.

The command button is now the :skull: death button :skull: (when our follower is already fully armed / leveled, almost every kill order is successful). It is easy to feel like a cruel mafia boss :angry: who orders a death order by merely pointing the finger :point_right: at the victim :rabbit:.

Double pressing to issue a command would give the feeling that each decision is well thought out and the player has strict control over his followers.

Note: I know that double pressing the button now commands the follower to stop, but it is enough that such a function is in the circular menu.

Note 2: I say more, stopping a follower could work by pressing the button three times. The return command is not very useful, because it is enough to just move away from the follower a little bit to know that he should come back to the player.