Testlive Patch (24.04.2020) - Followers II Rev.3

You, and others have stated to an extent for players to avoid using thralls or OP thralls if they want to make the game more challenging for themselves. So I am only suggesting the new meta fix of “avoid it you don’t like it”. Door swings both ways on ideas like that. I
am really being sarcastic (but with a point). To stress how easy it is to poo-poo another players style by saying don’t do this or that if you don’t like it. And before you bring up using admin, Funcom has stated (somewhere or on a live stream) that adminning was put in for SP. Otherwise it would have been a waste of resources, because privates have more control thru g-portal settings, and officials can;t access it. So even logically it is in there only for SP and adjusting the game for their personal play style. Base settings and defaults should be rounded to the majority, especially on officials wher e we only have forums for suggesting what we like.

1 Like

Does crouching reduce the agro range? I know it does in other games, so maybe here too? Other games I play, walking normally always let NPCs target you from long distances.

1 Like

Yes.

1 Like

It does not. You just need a Fighter ii from Sept city leveled to about 12-15, some healing arrows. Then kill the black rhino in Oasis by Den.

I wouldn’t do the rihno boss , he is one of the few that can One shot a lvl 60 (when he charges) I would instead recommend the crocs bosses ( since all the legendaries from the world bosses chests can be found from any world bosses ) because it’s much easier to deal with .

1 Like

Getting ANY legendary weapon doesn’t take much time, as it was already said, you just need a competent thrall, any T2 fighter will do with some crafted armor and weapon. Healing arrows make the fight a lot safer. The croc boss dies within 3 or 4 minutes if you don’t help at all and only shoot healing arrows (could be a lot faster if thralls were a little bit faster as well).

That said, getting a SPECIFIC legendary weapon can take ages. Because everything depends on luck in that regard.

2 Likes

But you are doing just the same right now. You say that for YOU the aggro range and thrall nerfs would be too harsh because you are a solo payer while for other solo players it might not be a problem. So if people would play like you they would get problems as well.

I for one would welcome more aggressive AI and nerfed thralls. That would spice things up a lot and make survival in this survival game harder because right now I see to many ways to cheese the AI (which I believe will still be possible after these changes but at least they wouldn’t be blind anymore and only see 2 meters in front of them).
So you are saying, “If you play my way, these buffs and nerfs would make the game to hard.”

4 Likes

I, for one, welcome NPCs that actually defend themselves. Up until now, it’s been farcical how NPCs will simply sit on their duff and not even bother standing up until their health bar is nearly empty. The fact that they will blithely ignore their friends getting cut down just 30 feet away is similarly ridiculous.

Attacking a capital or even a large camp should carry at least some risk to it and until now it simply hasn’t. I figure that’s part of the reason the forest around Eyelet Lake has historically been so over-populated – simply to make up for the unperceptive AI.

As for world bosses taking too long to kill, it’s a simple matter of brains vs brawn. If you’re lacking the brawn or finesse to go toe-to-toe, then build a trap, lure them in, and use a numbers advantage against them. Since thralls’ weapons don’t suffer durability loss, you can load up archers with dragonbone or even epic DLC bows without having to worry about low durability. 5 Relic Hunter Treasure Seekers with such bows firing only the “free” flint arrows will take down the Giant Scorpion by Sepermeru in about the time it takes you to make a cup of coffee.

3 Likes

As a game designer I’m no slouch (Ty Webb: “Don’t sell yourself short, B, you’re a tremendous slouch”) – I would say to you aggro range has been in my crosshairs since before Official Launch. As was mentioned by another poster elsewhere, the MAX AGGRO range in the .ini has been a factor on servers, due to the load the extra aggro used to place on them. I believe, if I were designing CE, I’d make the AGGRO range selectable via the difficulty levels button [Civilized -> Barbaric] in the ESC menu.

You, @Shadoza, should be able to play the way you want without needing to edit an .ini file, or without needing to spawn anything in-game. The problem is, Conan Exiles is still a bit of a Work in Progress; as several veteran posters/EA players have posited elsewhere, this game used to be a death-fest. And frankly, I used to love how fricking hard it was. More of that, please! Anyway, it’s been adjusted and rebalanced over time, and I expect despite your and my replay after replay, we’ll be required to adjust our expectations a few more times. :slight_smile:

1 Like

they fixed the oasis one then? It used to not aggro lol.

yeah , it’s aggroing normaly now :upside_down_face:

1 Like

My first hours in the Testlive server:

-The enemies now agro faster and from longer distance, there are a few issues anyway, when they lost the agro they return to the initial possition ignoring attacks, so they are easy to kill.
-The enemies with shield sometimes get stuck in “parry” or cover with shield stance, they dont move.
-When an archer its aganist a wall they cannot move, now they shoot faster and react better to hand to hand combat but need improve.
I will continue testing.
Thanks for effort, there are some issues with translation to spanish in the thralls and pets menu, and the data of damage are missing in main game.

4 Likes

Did someone else notice npcs have colored armor, at least in the newbie river exiles have some green leggings. It’s a nice change, to visually give some change.

1 Like

And lets not forget, that the aggro gets faster directed at a player and not a thrall?? WHO came up with that? And WHY?

So that in boss fights in the future, you really dont help your thrall, as the boss will always aggro you and hits you, instaed of the thrall?

Great logic there, to move the game away from thralls /NOT

Wooow… 5 best archers in the game, need >5mins for a boss… Great farming tactic (not really btw) :smiley: As its completely unusable in UC or any dungeon.

Well that feature is the same in most other games. Even more present in stealth games… It depends on the distance. Maybe 10m is to less, but it shouldnt be sth like 50m.

Having trouble with agro opposed to your thrall? Use a shield.

And then the thrall does again all the dmg, while I shield? Mhmm…

It could be nice if you nerf the damage when you hit on the horse. You could kill 4 enemies alone when u are on the horse , it’s ridicolous .
Its not belanced . These horses are too op!

Yeah 5 of the best archers… that are guaranteed spawns in nearly a dozen locations throughout UC and Wine Cellar (i.e. super easy to find). Also, you must have one hell of a slow coffee maker if you think it would take them as long as 5 minutes. :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, it’s not meant to be used in dungeons, but to acquire legendaries to help beef up a solo player’s arsenal for running really difficult content or simply completing their collection.

Yeah, and I think it’s lame in those games too. As for distance, have you ever been in a supermarket with a little kid throwing a tantrum? You can hear that everywhere, and I’d wager that’s not as loud as pitched combat and an adult screaming as they’re disembowled.

1 Like

Hehe :wink:

But the question is, how long do 5 archers need for worldboss? And which lvl? 20? I have several at Lvl10, after that its a nightmare to level on PvE only (XP is only x1, compared to the other modes where it is x4).

But then we would need the option to make stealth kills or stealth knock outs…