Testlive Patch (26.08.2019) - Battle Standards, New Weapon types, further balancing and more!

assuming crevice works

How much got Sobek nerfed or lets say it in the FC way: rebalanced?

The same with the temp-effects of DLC armors. Got the normal buffed or DLCs nerfed?

Also: is the blackblood skinning knife now at obsidian harvest rate? Was the blackblood butcher knife added?

2 Likes

I would say they fixed it because it’s not a specific problem of the sword of Crom. It does happen also with other weapons so it seems to be a bug which they have to fix for a hopefully upcoming Thrall overhaul. At least it could be one step to improve the AI.

1 Like

Funcom aldo u made some Welcome changes. Here rude awakening to you about real life battles back day. When Woman/Man being smarter than a Beast anywhere Learned how to use terrain to our Advantage. the Horse crap that you think being able climb in dungeons for our advantage to win fight is flawed this is part of WARFARE period Smart Warrior that uses all to it’s advantage to keep massive enemy from killing them. you let other tell that is exploit if you use terrain to advantage on fight. That the understatement of the Centuries ahead. Warrior using Terrain to there advantage is not exploit is a strategic move to ensure Victory. I see you guys like take away a lot. Warmaker Dungeon Yea we should be able climb regardless of your believes. When i was just a tiny peep squeak you how i dealt with Bully that 6 foot tall & me 4’ 11" tall my age was 14. I made sure he was alone than as he thought was safe I kick his freaking knees so bad he fell his knees than i Literary unleash hell on his face not give that dumbarse a chance get up again. Hiding In spot gave advantage over him was key & after that not single jerk of bully gave me Grief. Not going tell full story since too incriminating. Human have what we call ingenuity without that i would been a target for ever. You want make Game close to real combat stop degrading just cause. OHH on Weapons once you swing a powerful blow to enemy no way they can come back as strong. Fake adds ingame should never be able get up swinging with devastating lethal blows. there ability should be brought down. that when we go behind them & unleash a series of hard combos. Unless you ever unleash real hell on Punks in life you never understand what primal rage lives in you.

1 Like

yes im afraid it was discovered that this is specific to SoC. A 5 sec delay stealth nerf was discovered in the dev kit on that specific weapon and no other delays were located.

The bug that occurs with other weapons should only occur when you swap weapons (often from 1h to 2h but in my experience not the other way around). There is a workaround for this issue, but it is not the same as the SoC issue.

3 Likes

Normal Armors were buffed to DLC level.
No Black Blood Butcher Knife
Black Blood Skinning Knife is still 7 harvesting power i/o 8.

Sobek Armor:
+8 Vitality for Full Set
462 Basic Armor (no modifications)
92 helmet / 162 chest / 46 gloves / 116 tasset / 46 boots
64% damage reduction (no attribitutes besides the +8 vitality from the set)

Not sure what are the current stats to be honest but the above are the ones from TestLive

1 Like

So +8 instead of +9 vit.
Helm: 114 > -22
Chest: 200 > -38
Gloves: 57 > -11
Pants: 143 > -27
Boots: 57 > -11
So in total -109 armor. Yeah, “rebalance”…

Compared to epic flawless Aqualonian infantry (DLC!)
Helm: 88
Chest: 154
Gloves/bracers: 44
Pants: 110
Boots: 44
In total: 440 compared to Sobek with 462. +9 vit instead of +8…

So whats the purpose of Sobek now? If we would at least have armor racks/stand to show it off.

So old armor value was 571… now 462. Thats 19% less armor!!! And FC calls it rebalance… smh

1 Like

Sobek Armor:
+8 Vitality for Full Set vs + 9 Vitality (on live servers)
462 Basic Armor (no modifications) vs 571 Basic Armor (on live servers)
64% damage reduction (no attributes besides the +8 vitality from the set) vs 69% damage reduction (on live servers)
No resistances

Epic Flawless Aqualonian Infantry (unchanged)
9 Vitality
440 Basic Armor (no modifications)
63% damage reduction (no additional attributes besides the +9 vitality)
2 bars heat resistance up to max 5

By the look of it, Sobek has slightly more base armor for the -1 vitality and it has no resistances while infantry is full heat protection (too hot for some areas probably)

2 Likes

I approve the change on the Vehemence Elixir:

Naked in the Volcano + 1 elixir = From Heatstroke to Very Hot/Hot for about 2 min
Naked on the Bridge of the Betrayer + 1 elixir = From Frostbite to Very Cold for about 2 min

No Vitality Perk or anything.

5 Likes

So I wasted several days for 1% more dmg reduction and one less +vit… way to go Funcom… Take the fun out of the game.
Should rename to Fungone…

Wut

When will they release this november? Very funny funcom still no new dlc zzz

I cant even play the game every server i try to join new or old it says connection to Server is lost. Can yall fix this please. Sad to know i bought this game and the dlcs only to be able to not get to play it… Server is 2588 official PvP on xbox. Im done with this game aat this point i wont be scammed for another penny by this unplayable game. Just frustratd and depressed at this point

Hey @KalebLynn

We understand the frustration, but please try to report your issue on the appropriate subforum:
https://forums.funcom.com/c/conan-exiles/Exiles-Xbox-Updates
This is a thread commenting on the PC Testlive patch that was released a couple of days ago.
Thanks and apologies for the frustration.

1 Like

Sobak was far too strong for an armor that did not require an armorer or even a workshop.

With everyone running around in this, what is the point of even hunting Armorers?

Legendaries should offer alternativives, not just flat out make everything else obsolete.

5 Likes

Well compared to every other craftable armor: you had no temp effects. So in enough places you have to compensate that. This was the big downside of this armor, but the positive effect was more armor value.

And heavy armor got even buffed… So why was a 19% armor reduction needed? That PvE players have a harder life? Because in PvP and with the AP oil which negates all armor, why would you need a strong (heavy) to begin with?

And hunting specified armorers became obsolete with DLC armors, because they are mostly better and anyone can craft them…

2 Likes

I must add that mix and match armors to get the desired stats / resistances is a thing as well.

1 Like

Nope. There should always be 1-2 BEST items in the game. Otherwise its just boring, when everything is the same.

You have a predatory blade, which is flat out the BEST. With the new oil which makes light dmg +10% and heavy -10%dmg its even better.

You have the bow of the red mother, the Blade of Adventurer… You have in most “genre” 1-2 TOP items and then many other items with kinda the same “level”.

For what even have legendaries, if they are the practically the same like normal/crafted items??

You can apply status effects with the predatory blade… The heavy attack combo makes only 6dmg while doing it.
And about the 19% less armor. It is 19% less armor, which results in 5% less dmg reduction.

Also about hyper armor: You can still be interrupted on combos. There are some frame-windows, where the hyper armor does not exist or does not work.

The downside for Sobek was: no temp bonus, you need legendary repair kits and farming mats for crafted staff is easier then clearing the Sobek caves several times.

Legendaries need FARMING and should be BETTER then crafted ones. Its in every ■■■■■■■■ game like that. Hence the name “Legendaries”. Otherwise call them “lucky drop” if the are practically the same like normal items.

There is ONE heavy armor which is THE BEST. Hands down. All the special effect the armor even has + attribute points… But thats not a problem, because its not a legendary or why?

Well thanks for that @WhatMightHaveBeen. And oh you better believe it old friend. I know you also helped me fight countless times to have Crom features (ie- the Sword of Crom) included in this game too. So its kind of sad to see something we worked so hard for not even being used by players, but just given to AI thralls to be used as an exploit. Which brings me to my next point. Make no mistake, it IS an exploit! People are using it in a way which was never intended in its design to gain an unfair advantage. THAT is an exploit. And now actual human players have to put up with a much weaker version because of it. Funcom I gently and respectfully ask you the following question:

Your goal is to correct and stop exploits in this game correct?

Because if it is, by “fixing” the aforementioned bug, you are throwing the door wide open for people to be able to freely use this weapon unchecked in a manner unintended by its design. In other words you would be clearing a path for people to use this exploit again. There are plenty of other high powered weapons people can give thralls, without using this exploit.

Funcom I would ask, no plead with you a second time; please do NOT “fix” this issue with the Sword of Crom. Instead leave it as is and increase its damage. Again in its current state this is not a problem, but a solution.

2 Likes