Testlive Patch (26.08.2019) - Battle Standards, New Weapon types, further balancing and more!

Hey @KalebLynn

We understand the frustration, but please try to report your issue on the appropriate subforum:
https://forums.funcom.com/c/conan-exiles/Exiles-Xbox-Updates
This is a thread commenting on the PC Testlive patch that was released a couple of days ago.
Thanks and apologies for the frustration.

1 Like

Sobak was far too strong for an armor that did not require an armorer or even a workshop.

With everyone running around in this, what is the point of even hunting Armorers?

Legendaries should offer alternativives, not just flat out make everything else obsolete.

5 Likes

Well compared to every other craftable armor: you had no temp effects. So in enough places you have to compensate that. This was the big downside of this armor, but the positive effect was more armor value.

And heavy armor got even buffed… So why was a 19% armor reduction needed? That PvE players have a harder life? Because in PvP and with the AP oil which negates all armor, why would you need a strong (heavy) to begin with?

And hunting specified armorers became obsolete with DLC armors, because they are mostly better and anyone can craft them…

2 Likes

I must add that mix and match armors to get the desired stats / resistances is a thing as well.

1 Like

Nope. There should always be 1-2 BEST items in the game. Otherwise its just boring, when everything is the same.

You have a predatory blade, which is flat out the BEST. With the new oil which makes light dmg +10% and heavy -10%dmg its even better.

You have the bow of the red mother, the Blade of Adventurer… You have in most “genre” 1-2 TOP items and then many other items with kinda the same “level”.

For what even have legendaries, if they are the practically the same like normal/crafted items??

You can apply status effects with the predatory blade… The heavy attack combo makes only 6dmg while doing it.
And about the 19% less armor. It is 19% less armor, which results in 5% less dmg reduction.

Also about hyper armor: You can still be interrupted on combos. There are some frame-windows, where the hyper armor does not exist or does not work.

The downside for Sobek was: no temp bonus, you need legendary repair kits and farming mats for crafted staff is easier then clearing the Sobek caves several times.

Legendaries need FARMING and should be BETTER then crafted ones. Its in every ■■■■■■■■ game like that. Hence the name “Legendaries”. Otherwise call them “lucky drop” if the are practically the same like normal items.

There is ONE heavy armor which is THE BEST. Hands down. All the special effect the armor even has + attribute points… But thats not a problem, because its not a legendary or why?

Well thanks for that @WhatMightHaveBeen. And oh you better believe it old friend. I know you also helped me fight countless times to have Crom features (ie- the Sword of Crom) included in this game too. So its kind of sad to see something we worked so hard for not even being used by players, but just given to AI thralls to be used as an exploit. Which brings me to my next point. Make no mistake, it IS an exploit! People are using it in a way which was never intended in its design to gain an unfair advantage. THAT is an exploit. And now actual human players have to put up with a much weaker version because of it. Funcom I gently and respectfully ask you the following question:

Your goal is to correct and stop exploits in this game correct?

Because if it is, by “fixing” the aforementioned bug, you are throwing the door wide open for people to be able to freely use this weapon unchecked in a manner unintended by its design. In other words you would be clearing a path for people to use this exploit again. There are plenty of other high powered weapons people can give thralls, without using this exploit.

Funcom I would ask, no plead with you a second time; please do NOT “fix” this issue with the Sword of Crom. Instead leave it as is and increase its damage. Again in its current state this is not a problem, but a solution.

2 Likes

That was troublesome to read but worth it.

While I am still testing a few areas which are of interest to me, in case you guys want me to test or check something for you, you can ask away and tag me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wanna make a bunch of shrines, upgrade them to tier 2, put all the stuff in there (priest too cause all the cool kids do) and start t3 upgrade? Now go run to the other side of the map while it does the upgrade and let us know if the stability bug is fixed or if u return to a missing shrine crime scene. If not, I’m sure we will hear about it eventually.

1 Like

Two handed axe feedback: I think Increase spin speed by 25% would be good and make shield block not interrupt it. It makes it way to easy to counter if one person can simply up the shield.

Short sword feedback: Consider giving light chain step 2 and 3 bleed status effect. The light chain feels good, but if you can go in for small quick jabs and apply bleed and back off I think it will feel REALLY good. Also maybe up the damage slightly on the heavy chain especially the heavy step 4.

1 Like

Haven’t had time to test out any of the new additions on testlive but noticed from watching the stream that the cutlass would be good to have the shortsword animations as that is basically how it is meant to be used anyways it could become basically the tier 2 shortsword

1 Like

For SP Test Live i am sure you are. the official testlive won’t have mods or admin rights.

1 Like

Yes, though be aware that mods are not considered compatible with testlive. Many of them carry over “fine”, but others may need updated in order to be compatible with the next version of Conan. Which the modders cannot do without the equivalent dev kit (we usually see said dev kit within a few hours of the patch hitting the live version).

1 Like

Single testlive server? Not sure what you refer to. If you are playing single player on testlive then the save is stored locally on your machine.

1 Like

My first thought is yes on major patch changes, and no on the small bug fixes reported back from testers.

• Master Reinforcement Kit – Increases Durability of weapons and armor, but also increases weight and decreases resource gathering.

I am excited for a master tier reinforcement.

Not excited to have a nerf to resource gathering. Weight ultimately does affect how much resources you can gather.

Like a kick in the shin, and a kick in the nuts.

From a PvE player.

1 Like

not if ur in a proper farming build with 5th encumb perk

TBH, the durability kits are the most useless in CE, right behind the balance fittings.
These are the only three my clan ever uses right now:
Tools, upgrade kits
Weapon, armo pen (We use Legendaries/ epic Drag/Serp only)
Armor, plating

the only time we cared about the durability was with the glow sticks, but most of my clan run blind in the night to not bring attention while out and about scouting/gathering/returning home, so that became a non factor.

4 Likes

yes, you can equip a throwing axe with the short sword but it is nothing like the combo with an axe

I will reply on the rest of your requests a bit later :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes