Testlive Update 2.3 (10.02.2021) - Isle of Siptah revamp, Offline mode, sprint attacks and more!

Again I ask…

What about the issues preventing us from playing multiplayer?

Still can’t play due to the client DDoS’ing the local network when we try to join a server. This has been an issue with FLS for a long time now.

Oddly it seemed almost completely resolved in the last Testlive, but now is worse than it was before the patch.

As someone who hosts several game servers on our local network, this issue is one of the most offensive things I have ever run into. In 40 years of coding, designing, coding, testing, and hosting, I have never before seen a company completely ignore serious issues like this unless they were based in China.

I want to offer up Conan servers for people to play on, but since this bug was introduced our population has dropped to almost nothing. I am unable to even properly admin our own servers because if I attempt to log into one, it will disconnect everyone on them, and from all of our other game servers.

What exactly does it take to make Funcom take an issue like this seriously? Many people are completely unable to utilize the multiplayer aspect of this game as a result of this issue. The thread on it has been active since September, and it’s been a reported issue since June.

When I brought it up in the last testlive thread, what I assume to be a developer responded, and appeared to be completely ignorant of the issue.

And not surprisingly, they didn’t return to give any further information. It was just ignored once more.

I mean, this is Funcom’s land. I’m sure my post will get edited or removed if they take enough offense, so you have to be careful what you say. But seriously, someone needs to get off their ■■■■■ and start doing something about this. I know it’s not easy developing software, and I know what it’s like to run into issues. However to prioritize adding content, or completely overhauling existing systems over fixing game-breaking bugs is just abhorrent.
It was even mentioned that BattleEye had discovered a possible cause for the issue back in October, and then was supposedly going to be added to a testlive build.
Yet we have seen little change.

It’s not even mentioned as a known issue.