Testlive Update 3.0: The Age of Sorcery - Discussion Megathread

Let the tests begin. :smiley:

3 Likes

I just completed the revision notes…a couple WTF moments, I cannot lie.

• Pillars loosing stability without a socket. Does this mean each pillar piece needs an anchor to the mesh or just one in the chain? How many ceiling bases are going to fall apart when this goes live?

• Pets included into the thrall nerfathon when we were told they weren’t going to be.

• Sword of Crom loosing ability to damage when equipped by thralls. So they are glorified wall decorations as far as that is concern.

6 Likes

can`t play 3.0 or host any server for testlive. Any ssuggestions?

When I switched from the Live to the Testlive branch in Conan Exiles (Not the Testlive Client), no 3.0 changes are present in a newly started single player game.

Congratulations with 3.0 everyone! Keep your feedback and spoilers going, I want to know everything! Too bad Testlive is not available for PS4 and we dirty console peasants have to wait for… How much exactly @Ignasi ?.. to play Age of Sorcery with you all.

1 Like

IMPORTANT NOTE!

For 3.0 we will not be updating the Testlive branch on the main product due to technical reasons. In order to test 3.0 you will need to use the Conan Exiles Testlive Product.

5 Likes

I have a few questions!

The old thralls that are placed, they’re not getting nerfed but there have been mentions of perk and attributes will have perks that buff the new thralls that we place, will that buff affect our old thralls?

On the current attribute tree we have encumberance perks, the very last perk that allows us to run while being over encumbered. Will we still have that perk?

1 Like

Another hour I think lol Testive client is updating so I hope that is the right one.

Yes we do, last perk under Expertise.

2 Likes

Downloading now. My son has instructions to break it. We’ll see what crashes he can come up with…

2 Likes

Updated testlive client and testlive server to latest version, but when connecting to server i get error about incompatible version??? used dedicated server to install a completly clean testlive branch server but same error.
any advice?

Solution: Start dedicated server with extra parameter:
“C:\Servers\ConanExile - Test Live\DedicatedServerLauncher1600.exe” -steamid 931580

1 Like

Not to impose, Master, but have you considered hosting a Testlive server? If you do, please invite me.

3 Likes

I do not agree with “Conan Exiles Update 3.0 … revamps core aspects of the game”.
For example new attributes, and change for attributes from weapons and armor.
This is not the game I paid for …

2 Likes

Give it a try first. There are quite a few interesting builds with the new attributes. Your usual build is not going to be the same but the new system is pretty easy to get into, you just need to see what works for you.

1 Like

@Selene01 No it isn’t. But will it be better or worse? All signs are pointing that I am going to be happier than not*.

• (outside the loss of undead guardians at my base…I have been building them up because the thrall nerf was coming, pets were going to be excluded from the neft, we can be necromancers, and I was expecting a more level playing field with it all…all to be moved out of existence…not bitter…another zig when I should have zagged)

Sorcery recipe screen is blank. Am I missing some prerequisite? How do I start down the path of a sorcerer?

Try the new zombies :smiley:

1 Like

If you are on Exiled Lands, you can kill a sorc and they will drop you a pouch to open and get a map. The map will show you where to learn sorcery. Same for Isle of Siptah.

Spoiler for EL:

1 Like

Temporary nature and zombies are just…gross. the rot is still going on, you got methane bloating and popping abdomens and we aren’t even going to go into insects and just a shambling pile of maggots.

1 Like

Is there an “advanced” sorcery or something? I think i learned everything under “basic” sorcery, because it gave me the transport stone 10th time in a row. Has anyone found it yet? I know there are more spells because I haven’t had any summoning undead ones yet