Thank you, Exiles! 3-Year Anniversary

Thank YOU Funcom, for giving us a game worth investing in and playing. Thank you for helping us get thru this last year especially.
After my Mom passed from Covid, I would just sit in my room and cry, then I would start playing and the game worked as a salve, to help me forget some of my personal anguish.
Much love.

18 Likes

feels like 10 :smiley:

Much love to you JJ, I’m so sorry to hear of your loss.

Your post also reminds me of why I want to make video games. They are a wonderful outlet for so many people for a huge variety of reasons. And I really needed that reminder. Thank you.

6 Likes

Here here to that! When I first picked this game up I though it looked, but I had no idea that it would this good. Conana Exiles is an absolute masterpiece is my books.

My deepest condolences and sympathies for your poor Mom @JJDancer. :rose:

It looks like Multigun beat me to the push concerning games more generally. This is the side of gaming which career politicians and lobby groups always conveniently omit from their disgusting, self-serving little tirades and agendas. They are all too quick to say that they encourage violence, immoralitu and sexual objectification. But they conveniently never point to how they brings joy and comfort to peoples lives, and ultimately helps their present mental state, their wellbeing and life satisfaction. They do exactly what they did for you JJDancer; they help people the world over get through the day and find a measure of happiness.

4 Likes

@Funcom and @ModCreators

4 Likes

@JJDancer ,My greatest condolences for your loss my dear girl , I hope for you and your beloved ones only health and long living . I still have both of my parents alive and I am afraid the time that this will come to me too , still … I prefer to live these bitter days than giving them the greatest bitterness to leave before them . Your mom is watching you proud from up there for the wonderful person she raised .
As for Conan exiles , I agree , it is my therapy too :wink: .

3 Likes

Thank you for the courage to post this, JJDancer.

For many of us, the world has gone to heck. Games have always been a form of escapism, but we shouldn’t think that escapism only means getting away from real-life problems or closing our eyes from them. Rather, it can give us strength to survive, and inspiration (and sometimes even tools) to face the problems and eventually conquer them.

I’ve been playing the Trails of Cold Steel series a lot lately. The naïve optimism of the teen heroes, no matter how stacked the odds are against them, is something we all might need these days.

But if crushing your enemies, seeing them driven before you and hearing the lamentation of their women is more your thing, then go forth and do some crushing.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.