That facebook poll... (fresh start server)

Is heckler juice available on fresh start? How many items can you buy from fc store? I assume all the new patch items will be available to buy so come day 1 you will have a bunch of lvl 200 players who start the hotkeynet farm fest and inflating the economy…I love the idea of old players coming back but I’m having a really hard time believing this will be good for the game…I will play regardless because I love this community and game!!

1 Like

Just speculating like everyone else here :blush:, but I find it interesting that expansions and level caps are mentioned separately.
I wonder if there will be level caps (say max 25, max 60, max 100 etc) for a while, independent of the increase from 200 to 220 when they re-add Shadowlands? That sounds like fun. It would open up so many new possibilities, like raiding the lab director in foremans with lvl 25’s or raiding a lvl 200 dyna with lvl 60’s. I tried doing events like this on the ‘real’ server, but when the level cap is not enforced, not nearly as many people are into this.

I voted against the idea of a new server and still now see the population split as a very big risk. But given that the decision has been made and we’re going to take the risk, I’ll hope for the best and I’m excited to experience it :slight_smile:

The reasons for this decision are difficult for me to understand.
IMO, the people who keep this game alive are mostly players who enjoiy twinking for pvp and practice pvp. The players who gone from AO are left because of a) Exploits b) MultiBoxing and c) unfinished balance. The new Server will not fix this - The new Server will kill up those who spend years to build their twinks and orgs. Instead of fixing the main issues everyone is talking about, you start a new server to milk the cash-cow with boosts and Armor from Item store.

The new server will become the same as the old one, because the GAME ISNT CHANGED.
I unterstand some idividuals who pleased about the idea to start “fresh” and with “challenges”. But its the biggest misbelief ive seen in my life. The people who want this are basicly those casuals, who quit this game and will quit it again if something went boring. Old AO was a grind fest himself and the most people who still paying for AO dont will do the SAME stuff again - For WHAT?

IMO the worst move that they could do.

3 Likes

Very curious…
Gonna guess, new graphics or new toons? Picture shows nice looking trox.
Keep the soul of this game and give it graphics like The Secret World.
New engine is ok but some LDs,crashing,etc

At least AO is alive because there isnt nothing similar.

The picture is concept art from around the time of the game’s launch :slight_smile: The actual announcement is in the text above it. There’s no suggestion of new graphics or professions.

Sad face.
Trox gonna keep handle weapons with open hands.

fresh start is literally subway->totw->foremans and then 10 000 rk missions, no thanks. better add expansions fast there if they want to keep it going

The Repopulation. (yes, that one is awful and will go nowhere, but it’s similar)

Regarding the fresh start server … WTF ? Split the population - divide and fail.

Well subway, totw and foremans was released time after. So fresh starts will be rk mish and open world mobs like borgs pretty fun :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

As long as security has been bolstered, and there is a low limit to the amount of accounts people can play I am down, very very much ready for this.

If not, I’m just gonna skip the “fun” events of the past caused by a lapse in security, and the invitable MB fest.

2 Likes

I am hugely interested in a fresh server, if for no other reason than the current servers have utterly broken economies that are unapproachable for anyone not already established.

Interesting, fresh server.
Although there seriously must be an overhaul on the subscription once it launches to attract new and old people alike.

Well, RK has a lot more content than leveling. There are tons of mobs to camp and raids to do at lower levels… they just haven’t been worth doing since we could level so fast and SL/AI/LE made all of the loot from them mostly pointless to get outside of some twinking items.

I was initially against a level cap that rises progressively, but I think it would encourage exploring lower level content like SoM a lot (without a 220 killing everything). I want to see raids on van Horn again. Teams for Cyborg Barracks for Hellspinners. Trying to tradeskill VTEs.

1 Like

WOW this has to be a joke. The game is 18 or 19 years old in maintenance mode and Funcom wants to money grab with another server. They let you play The secret world legends totally free but want a sub. for an 18 or 19 year old game for full content.

1 Like