That facebook poll... (fresh start server)

I was excited seeing the question pop up on your facebook page. I thought it would be an awesome thing to return to game for.
But what happened?
Was there actually any ideas behind it?

Seeing as it is soon a year ago and no word (or me not listening) I’m assuming it is not, or never was(?), on the table.

Personally I would love to go onto a fresh server with everything gone; all the characters, all the wealth, all of it.

Anyone else feel that way?

I wouldn’t want this to happen within the time frame of my current sub. Currently I’d like at least 6 months notice before it happens if it was going to so I would know not to subscribe again.

I’d be much more inclined to agree with total credit deletion and maybe even credit + item deletion to a whole server reset.

I simply don’t have the time I did to start again getting my characters lvls up and in a position to perform, especially with the current playerbase.

Hopefully it will never happen. I wouldent want to start grinding over again for all those items I have

The question was poorly translated rhetorical question, and the “new server” was a literal hardware upgrade same game on physical new server. The poll was just there for people to interact with and build traction on FB
It was part of how a lot of the duping and account banning was achieved.

A server reset or wipe of items/credits/character would simply end the game.

Or in some alternate fairyland universe people with over x60 220 characters and rare items they worked for would just be happy to start over not resenting all the that work going poof.

“Hopefully it will never happen. I wouldent want to start grinding over again for all those items I have” - Gimpeline
“A server reset or wipe of items/credits/character would simply end the game.” - Caloss2

Nobody suggested this, why are you two stirring stuff up for no reason? It’s like you didn’t care to read the poll or the op’s post. The poll asked if the players would be open to a fresh server. not if the players want all of their characters and items wiped from rk1. A new server opening would be like reopening rk2 and allowing players to create characters on rk2. So, I really don’t know why either of you are crying. I assume you just didn’t take the time to think it through. Anarchy_Player, you didn’t read the question correctly either. At no point did the op mention a server wipe. Naturally a fresh server would be void of any existing characters or items.

also I’m pretty sure there is no such thing as a rhetorical poll. if they were literally asking for a response then it wasn’t rhetorical. Not sure what you meant by this.

Oh the irony of your post.

Q. Whatever happened to the new server ?
A. The game is now ON that server.

I know you misunderstood the original question posted on FB, and no matter how many times you’re told no matter how many times it’s explained you don’t seem to want to understand it.

You think it’s about a RK2… Nope.

Some think it means a server wipe because that’s the only thing FRESH could mean.

Both are wrong.

I spoke to someone in FC, to clarify the published question at the time and the clarification was and still is.

“A server hardware/software - backbone upgrade for the game to be hosted on.”
“Unfortunately the question was badly translated and the poll misunderstood”

That’s it, nothing else.

I will waste no further time on the subject or people that refuse to understand.

Interesting hypothesis. while i can not give any specific details on what the question was implying, i can definitely assure you, it was not about the hardware or anything like that.

apparently the person you spoke to was not Shaogens! It is likely they misled you because they are still trying to have it be a surprise. Or, they dont want to disappoint the playerbase, because despite that facebook poll being heavily in favor of a fresh server, there isn’t a strong enough playerbase to warrant running two simultaneous servers.To me, a fresh server means one thing and one thing only. And no, it does not involve a wipe of everyones characters, that would be absurd.

I suppose it depends on how high up the food chain you go, and who you ask when you get there.
Because if something is pulled before it is delivered plausible deniability comes into play.

And just to chime in on the one that read my post properly. I was only talking about a new fresh start server. Nothing about wiping out progress, even though I get that you could read that from me talking about “everything gone”.

I do understand that the population numbers probably couldn’t handle it. But, I am still positive to the idea and others are as well for different reasons. It is a old game suffering from power structures formed over 15 years ago (on org and individual level).

I always assumed the suggestion was for an Ao version of AoC’s Saga servers. i.e

• The server is open for a limited time (say 6 months)

• You gain unique rewards not available on the regular server by achieving certain objectives.

• Once the server closes you can transfer the items back to a character on the regular server.

• There’s leaderboards to see who does best on the new server

Sounds pretty good to me really. I’d definitely consider coming back for it…