The B for playerlist

Why is the B hotkey for “Playerlist” working on some (older) installs?

(and not in the newer)

Curious.

3 Likes

I have an older install and the B key worked. Then one day it stopped working and still does not work. I don’t remember if this was after a hotfix or not.

yes i have an old install on one pc (with the B) and another fresher with NO B lol.

It sounds like some files are not consequently updated while they should have been during an update.

It sounds sloppy :wink:

I’d love a fix for this… I’ve got one PC where B does nothing and another where B does. So aggravating.

Or maby something like this approach-
copy the keybindings file. hardcoded or(gui) hidden variables could be inthere too.

ill try that given time.

Hello every1 here is a quick fix
If the B key no longer brings up the player list for you do this -

1. Open C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\Input.ini
  2. Add this line to the file - ActionMappings=(ActionName=“TogglePlayersList”,Key=B,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
  3. Profit
3 Likes

Don’t forget to save the changes then run the game as usual! Try pressing B SHOULD work!

2 Likes

Dang. If this fixes, that is awesome.

Still, I would like to understand how patching (etc.) managed to break this. Or why this could not be corrected through the product development itself.

Will this run the risk of being overwritten the next time the game patches? Will we need to keep coming back to update this file?

Thank you for offering a solution! I will give this a try ASAP, and will report results here.

This is a +1 thanks!

would there be any explanation why it is not (ever been) synched with the latest version?
sloppy?

Are you certain that this still works? I was unable to make this work. :frowning:

Yes it does just make sure you copy paste it correctly. The whole thing:
ActionMappings=(ActionName=“TogglePlayersList”,Key=B,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)

Works for me. Thousand thanks =)
Finally I can take a quick look into the playerlist again.
Is there maybe also a setting for the event log too? =)

1 Like

The command makes it so others don’t overlap anyways that’s a quick explanation. Yet again funcom has some little problems with their keybindings overlaping here and there. If it dosen’t work i suggest contacting them again thorough a new forum post. Or an alternative press esc then there is a button “Player List” is just a little more effort.

Could program one but not rn. I am not sure how that is going to affect the game tho and also i have to take into consideration there are a few types of keyboards and overlaps…

I checked the file again. It appears that I got a font / style issue with the quotation marks from the copy paste. I found where I had put in the string, and the straight quotes had been replaced with question marks. I have it working now.

THANK YOU! This is amazing! Very pleased to have this working again!!

No problemo!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.