I have had 5 different thralls die (all loaded with materials) when moving bases from the “noob area” to a cliff base North of Swagger Rock. When moving thralls or having thralls following up stairs – they died mysteriously. Broken thralls showed up in my System Log as destroyed by " ". That is destroyed by nothing. Perhaps they were finally destroyed emotionally by the feeling of fruitlessness and the futility of all human effort, or perhaps they just really hated stairs. Ultimately, I did manage to get three thralls up into my base by doing the following things:
- (I had each thrall follow me the entire time from old base to new base) When making the final approach into your base, look at the thrall, hold the X button, and choose stop following from the radial menu.
- Hold X again and choose to move the thrall. Move them a little ways up to your base before setting them down into a position. Position is recommended to be such that they don’t look like they are half-sunken into a floor.
- Keep doing the Hold X and gradual move process until they are very close to where you want them.
- Hold X again. Choose Follow.
- Hold X again Choose Stop Following.
- Hold X for the final time and move them into their final position.
The new problem with thralls now in the new base? Every thrall that I try to drag up the stairs to the base dies or disappears mysteriously.
I am on official server 2582. Steps to recreate the issue were to simply be a thrall and try to go up the stairs to my new base. Stairs: Guaranteed death sentence. Now if I could only get the boss monsters to walk up those stairs, then I would really be raking in those carves…