The reason why Conan Exiles can't compete with ARK or Rust

15 years and this is the worst you’ve seen? My have you had a blesses game life. You must habe never seen N64 Superman. You must have never encounter the patch that deleted people’s boot.ini file from EVE online. One of the Batman games was so bad at launch it was pulled from steam by Warner Brothers. And there are so many more.

Yes this game is not perfect but it is no where near as bad as people in these forums make it out to be.

3 Likes

Conan Exiles was my first survival game and therefor I can’t compare it to other games of that genre.
I bought it on recommendations and watching 5 to 10mins of a gameplay video.
I thought, yeah, looks like fun.

So without any previous experience in that genre, no videos outside of those 5 to 10mind and no reading ahead I went into this game completely green behind my ears.
I told myself to play PvE first to test the waters, get to know the game.
I expected a challenging game within a harsh environment for a solo-player like me.
But after the first 4 or 5 hours I felt no real challenge anymore. There were hardly any threats and environment effects got easily taken care of.
I thought that this may change in the higher level areas, but sadly it got even easier the more I leveled up.
The dungeons are a let down, while normal enemies and Bosses are way too easy (with maybe 2 or 3 exceptions).
I still like the concept, graphics and design ideas of the game though and the building is awesome (if you’re a builder and a patch doesn’t suddenly mess up the stability of your base).

But if someone asks me if I would recommend CE I simply say this:
If you seek a challenge, don’t.
If you want to build, do so.
But only if you can cope with the bugs.
If you want to PvP you have to ask someone else.
If you can wait before purchasing, then wait for further patches.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.