THIS IS THE NAMELESS CITY
Once it was the capital of Acheron, built by an ancient race and ruled by the giant kings.
When in the great war with the humans of Lemuria a defeat threatened the Priest-King received the scourgestone as a gift from the priests of Valusia to be used as a weapon against the children of humanity. And although he did not trust the serpent men and their God Set, they persuaded him and he accepted. His misery drove him to it, because his armies had suffered a great defeat against the Armies of the humans in the northern plains. He gave the stone to the warlord and ordered him to smash it to free the energies within him. The stone splintered into 3 fragments. It seemed to work. A gigantic storm arose. He began to cross the country and to move to the city of Xel-ha in the Far East. But the giant kings had not reckoned with the power of the human mind. A Lemurian priest named Petruso stood against the sandstorm. Using the power of Dagon, he anchored the Elemental of the Sandstorm with his flesh, preventing it from moving eastward and destroying the Lemurian city.
Petruso had saved his people, yes, but he paid a terrible price. His victim had not stopped the sandstorm, but merely brought it into a temporal loop. It passed again and again the exiled countries and stopped when it reached Petruso … and then started all over again.
The storm destroyed the capital of acheron with all his science and magic and buried it under sand and atleast this was the downfall of the Acheronian culture and race.
Hello Exiles, Funcom started the process to revamp the nameless city. From an area without interest it should rise to an endgame area, motivating the players to explore these lands again and again.
Some of these changes you can already see in this video of Just Horse
On our server we asked our players what they wish for the revamp and I hope you all make also your suggestions for this procedure
- We would like Funcom to reintroduce corruption for the entire city. To mitigate the effect, players need magical artifacts or items that can be found elsewhere on the map but can not be crafted.
- We would like to have more graphical changes to the citymap. For example, more buildings to enter, artifacts, old machines that can be used to upgrade weapons, armor or building materials.
- For immersion it would be nice to encounter more relics of the giant kings and the culture of Acheron.
- It would also be good for the mood to visually make the place even scarier. Places where an eerie fog rises. Increased appearance of ghosts, also in the context of shock effects, eerie lights that may lure you into a trap, noises that accompany you.
- We also think it’s a good idea to find old cooking recipes there or even to produce them at special cooking places.
So what are your thoughts. Please take part on this discussion.