This is not survival game. It is foundation builder simulator

You clearly overestimate the capabilities of the avatars.

1 Like

I can see that you didnt play in EA. :smiley:

1 Like

This is a huge problem… this isnt being creative its being disruptive… I am all for freedom to build but what we have here are people ruining the experience for others…

There are so many options to fix this

1- Complete server wipes every said amount of months exampe would be say every 3-4 months wipe the server with or without the ability to retain level

2- Make decay timers for individual foundations and building pieces and not that if there connected they refresh

3- Make a limit on how much you can build as an example if your single you can say use 2000 bldg materials… for each member in the clan you gain an additional 2k … kinda like what they did for thralls

The problem is… the game has been out for a very long time now… if they havent fixed it now I dont think they will… its a major issue… I even reported a clan that blocked obelisks and even dungeons with huge walls… and this was about a year ago… and now those walls are bigger… and higher… and worse… they never did anything about it… they dont care …

I dont think this game has much going on past this particular expansion … maybe thats why they quit caring about it I dont know… either way I think this is a shared issue among alot of players… and it isnt just for pvp official servers … its for all official servers…

There used to be servers like this, they called them blitz, and they were gone for unpopularity, they should still exist imo.

I don’t know if having different counters would affect the server or client performance in any way.

Limiting player’s like this is too aggressive in my opinion, , but this combined with an upkeep cost to maintain building past certain amount of land claimed or building pieces placed could work well.

Having different servers with different rulesets could also work, for example:

• PvE-B (for building) as a builder’s paradise, pretty much as it is now.
  • PvE-S (survival) same as the other but with a strict building limit and with harder PvE difficulty
  • PvP-R (relaxed) just like PvE-C but with 24h pvp times and no raid times, strict building limits and harder PvE difficulty
  • PvP-H (hardcore?) PvP with raidtimes and strict building limits.
1 Like

We don’t really need wipes, just a better method of how land is claimed and how we fight decay.

As posted in suggestions before, Land Claim Flags, (they wouldnt have limit or extremly high one for Online) But they could get players to rethink there large bases. And better guard them.
(aka, Flags can’t over lap, or be placed over no build zones. It would prevent land locks, blocking and force player to claim better spots and set up better set ups. And remove the need for spider webs for reseting the decay. )

Wipe server werent really popular in 1st place… Most of them would be which ever clan blocks off server 1st, gets the server. It wouldnt really solve issue, inless you were one there 1st, and Alpha everyone off… (boring)

3 Likes

This is griefing, griefing other players is bannable.

Harassment and griefing

Regarding the building system, although freedom is encouraged through the sandbox mechanics of the game, please remember that there are other players sharing the server with you. We reserve the rights to act upon in cases we deem necessary, such as but not limited to:

• Blocking of content in the game, such as dungeons, resources and other areas of the game.
  • Abuse of the claim system (claim spam) where blocks are placed for no other purpose than to prevent other player’s access to resources and building spots.
  • Irresponsible abuses of the building system leading to loss of performance both on client and server-side.
  • Special consideration against these cases will be taken in PVE and PVE-Conflict servers.

There will be no refunds of materials or inventories should you or your clan be affected by an admin intervention.

Bullet point 2 and 3 are applied.

6 Likes

I don’t want to report anyone. This is not the fault of those who are building. This is entirely the developers’ fault. They have every opportunity to restrict construction somehow. But they don’t. Why should we blame the players for using the most effective way to defend their base?
Moreover, these rules are terrible. Do they not give any explicit criteria for when spam becomes spam? How many foundations do I have to build for this to be spam? Therefore, I’m not too fond of unofficial servers. Admins interfere with the gameplay, and this is very often not fair game.

1 Like

When said items are placed only to block or stop players for areas or content. Lots just blankets mass
Amounts of land cause they don’t want players to build or do anything there thus it’s spam and when said spam is having too much that it negatively affects servers performance. But it’s the players fault if they don’t care or just want to build all they want, the servers is for more than one person not just them. And some people are given warnings banned first not permanent.

1 Like

I agree with @Morlang. It’s not player’s duty to monitor compliance with the rules on the entire server and report IF THEY THINK that the rules were violated. Especially considering how inconvenient the reporting process is and how long it takes for the admins to investigate and take actions. We are in all right to demand a better moderation for official servers. Better reporting tool. And building restrictions.

The problem is that most of the buildings are not meant to prevent anyone from a building. These are several bases with protection from trebuchet + vaults spam. The more vaults you build, the better because it saves resources. But as a result, entire servers are built up in this way.

How unrealistic in a open world sandbox game… at this point it is griefing.
You don’t have to report them, but if someone else does Funcom has the right to ban them.

For example, if someone shares a pizza, you don’t take 3 slices so the last persons to get pizza get none.
Funcom shares the server… players that claim this much take more than one slice.

4 Likes

Some players are nuts. They need to be banned from the game permanently. Respectful, normal humans don’t build this kind of stuff. These are raging kids, or raging adults, whatever the case, they are autistically lashing out at their neighbors just to ruin their free time. Sad, unfortunate, but simply don’t allow it. A simple, generous building cap per player would solve this in an instant. Max amount of foundations being ~5,000-10,000 for example. Gives plenty of room to build a large base, just not a autistic cancer tumor base that blocks off the map for other players.

2 Likes

Respectful humans also don’t repeatedly use autism as an insult, dehumanizing people with autism in the process.

9 Likes

Don’t be overly sensitive. People that spend months harassing other players for the fun of it are dehumanizing themselves. Referring to it that way is a description of the behavior, not an attack on people with the condition.

And how is it you imagine the behavior of my autistic daughter? Calm? Collected? Frightenly intuitive? Autism =/= raging, lashing, cancer. And as for sensitive, think of it as informative. I am not a man ever accused with an abundance of feeling or emotion.

10 Likes

I don’t think that everyone who builds such bases is engaged in Griffing. The balance in the game is built in such a way that the avatars are overpowerful. This is the only meta. That’s why people build so much. They don’t want their entire base to be demolished in 10 minutes. The only ok way to get rid of the servers from the foundations is to add some construction restrictions and significantly weaken the avatars.

Thank you for saying what most of us were thinking. Using this unfortunate condition as a verbal insult is very dismaying. I had two nephews who were autistic, both passed because of this condition.

4 Likes

I am so sorry to hear that

2 Likes

Seems to me there should be some sort of “Affront to the Gods” type secret stat that grows rapidly when a player or clan builds in a way that takes up an obnoxious amount of territory (on public servers). Is there any way for the game to calculate how much territory a person or group has claimed?

If this was possible, you could have it so that Worshipping each God would appease them, so dedicated clans and players could still claim large territory on Public Servers, but it would require they actually put work into keeping it. If they don’t please the Gods, then whichever Gods they failed to please will send their avatars down on a regular basis to attack their base and free up territory for everyone else who might be on that server.

If you keep small territory or even just REASONABLE territory, even if in multiple locations throughout the map, you can easily fly under the radar of the Gods. If you start to try recreating the Nazca lines so you can create a bird’s eye picture of Sonichu… then you’ll incur Heavenly Wrath.

Edit: It Occurs to me you can’t really please Crom. This could be a fascinating way to implement him, as he would probably have less frequency of attack, but he would be impossible to appease if you cross his bottom line.

Playing the game in a manner that wasn’t intended to sabotage intended gameplay isn’t Meta. It’s exploitation… and depending on the game/developer it may be treated on the same level of cheating, hacking, and using external modifiers.

Now, given, Funcom hasn’t really been moderating the game at a level for that to be the case, but weakening the Gods is not the solution… because they are SUPPOSED to be able to wreck your base. If you want to play PvE, that’s already an option anyway. When you are in PvP, territory control needs to be more fluid and the Gods are the primary way of changing that.

Other than having the God’s punish players, the other option is to give each player a certain amount of “authority” to enforce territory. A Clan could stack their authority to control more… but if you overstep your limit, then other players could step in and straight up claim your buildings for themselves until your authority is back below a certain level (which would be lower than the level which triggers this vulnerability.) Authority would be a stat that players and clans could view at anytime… so they could avoid going over the limit.

Of course, a player could still risk it if they don’t mind losing whatever territory the opponents have their eyes on.

Imagine those Vaults just getting claimed because someone thought it was strategic to puke foundations across the desert. That’s Justice.