Thrall Issues: Fall thru mesh, return to position, walkable floor msg, getting stuck, attack stance (Pics and Vids)

Game mode: Single-player
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE
Region: USA
Hardware: Xbox Series X

Bug Description:

1. Thralls fall through the ground mesh practically everywhere post 2.5.1.
  2. Thralls don’t return to guard position, when nothing is blocking their path.
  3. Thralls get stuck on misc objects; trees, ground torches, buildings, etc.
  4. Thralls don’t sheath their weapons, always in attack stance. Even if their inventory is empty.
  5. Receive the message, “Must be placed on walkable floor,” on foundations and ground mesh when moving thralls to a new guard position.

Expected Behavior:

NONE of the bugs from the previous section to occur.

Steps to Reproduce:

(1) Thralls fall through the ground mesh practically everywhere post 2.5.1.

1. Place thrall on ground mesh, move out of rendering distance, upon return the thrall will be under the mesh.
  2. Place thrall on foundation/platform, thrall attacks nearby NPC/creature, thrall does not return to foundation, move out of rendering distance, upon return the thrall will be under the mesh.

Note, all map screenshots were taken from, Conan Exiles Wiki - Interactive Map
*https://conanexiles.fandom.com/wiki/Interactive_Map.

In the first few seconds you can see the platform I have to place thralls. However, if they stray from the platform, they fall through the ground mesh.

Location.

At the east entrance of New Asagarth. I lead thralls to the entrance of the city then set to stop following.
I moved out of rendering distance and returned to find my thralls (and in this case a dead NPC) have fallen through the ground mesh.

Second example.

Location. - thralls also fall through the mesh anywhere around the city.
New Asagarth

(2) Thralls don’t return to guard position, when nothing is blocking their path.
(3) Thralls get stuck on misc objects; trees, ground torches, buildings, etc.
(4) Thralls don’t sheath their weapons, always in attack stance. Even if their inventory is empty.
(5) Receive the message, “Must be placed on walkable floor,” on foundations and ground mesh when moving thralls to a new guard position.

The following shows examples of bugs 2-5.*

You can see the platform I have to place the thralls.
Thralls just killed a mammoth, they do not return to the platform and do not return to non-attack stance.

I aggro a creature, thralls move from platform to attack.
After the creature has been killed, most thralls return to the platform but remain in attack stance.
One thrall, upper left of video gets stuck on ground torch.
I try to place the thrall back on platform, I receive the message, “Must be placed on walkable floor.”
This issue occurs whether I’m flying around or on the ground.
Note, these are two vids stitched together.

Location.

Note: The only location I’ve found where thralls do not fall through the mesh is within the circle of broken stone walls at Bleakwood Ruins. I built around here for weeks, I never had a thrall fall through the ground mesh as long as they were inside the circle. Not saying they never could but, they never did. I had up to 6-7 fighters, archers and greater sabretooths here.

This is not the first, second or third+ bug report I’ve made regarding these thrall bugs.
I did not triple check this post.
I was nowhere near as verbose as I could of been.
I am not your contractor or employee, you do not pay me to test.
I’m your customer.
lk

2 Likes

Hey @KmKn

Thanks for the detailed report. We’ve sent it to our team as we’re now looking into these and other similar issues reported.
Quick note regarding the “Expected behavior” section of the bug report: it is used to describe the bug behavior to expect if following the steps and general description of the bug.

4 Likes

Ah! Thank you, that’s useful to know. I for one hadn’t interpreted it that way - I thought it was asking what the expected behaviour in the bugged situation should have been. This is probably why that section is often a little off in bug reports - people not realising what is intended for that section. I’ll try to get that right in future reports - maybe it’s worth adding a similar note to the bug report pre-format? (I know it would’ve helped me :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

That kind of info can be useful too. But it’s more of a helpful guide to understand what the bug does to alter normal gameplay. We got a few reports with “it should work” as expected behavior, which…yeah. But that doesn’t help us too much narrow down the problem :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Thats great news. But thralls have been undermeshing since 2.4. 2.5 was supposed to fix thrall meshing.

How does a tested patch perform the exact opposite of its intended purpose?

Months of thrall issues have been made worse, and now we are in worse shape than before 2.4.

Could you possibly forward

to someone that could review the testing processes and determine what happens and why it happens? There is a problem if tested patches do not perform as intended outside of the test environment.

Hilarious… perhaps you’re getting those statements because the following is not intuitive:

• Expected Behavior:
  • A clear and concise description of what you expected to happen.

Perhaps:

• Expected Behavior:
  • *Detail the steps leading up to the occurrence of the bug and, as detailed of a description of the bug that you can provide.

My gosh! I totally understand that! LMAO! Feel free to use that line. :slight_smile:

And in this thread, I literally drew FC dev’s a picture.

1 Like

@Ignasi More examples of these Thrall issues for the devs.

(3) Thralls get stuck on misc objects; trees, ground torches, buildings, etc.

Note: I do not know the events leading up to these bug occurrences, I simply came across these thralls stuck to misc objects.

Greater Sabretooth stuck on rock.

Frost Giant Bodyguard stuck on stump.

Greater Rhinoceros stuck on building. I know, “A Greater Rhinoceros?” I like having it around. :slight_smile:

(5) Receive the message, “Must be placed on walkable floor,” on foundations and ground mesh when moving thralls to a new guard position.

I jumped cause I was pissed.

(4) Thralls don’t sheath their weapons, always in attack stance. Even if their inventory is empty.

Note: This was introduced in 2.5, a random Thrall will sheath their weapon but remain in attack stance.

Everything above happened in the following location.
Note: Screenshot taken from, Conan Exiles Wiki - Interactive Map Interactive Map - Official Conan Exiles Wiki

2 Likes

So… how’s the bug fixing going? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Thanks for the extra information and videos. We’ve added them to the report shipped to the dev team.

Thanks!

So, what’s the update FC ppl?

Is this progress?
I still had to ghost underground to issue a Thrall order.

Having same problem , but I lost all my horses and thaws ghosted under and they’re all under swimming thats on exiled lands samething on siptah but I can’t even find a foal on Siptah or them red snakes on island to fight. what are they trying to make us join a server or even buy one , what a shame this was the most awesome game then they mess it up. I think people who bought the riders dlc should receive a refund

I think FC should be shamed more than anything.
Meh, I’ve moved on to Far Cry 6 for now.
I’ll check the forums in a few months to see if they’ve figured it out.
Peace.

1 Like