Thrall not attacking enemies

Game mode: Online official
**Type of issue:*| Bug | Performance
Server type: | PvE-Conflict ]
Region: RUS

I’m having trouble with my slaves. They stopped attacking enemies with their weapons after some time. What I did not do after that, but they did not start to attack. They approach the enemy, pull out weapons, but do not attack.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:
1.When I begin to fill the inventory of a slave
2. When a slave appears weapon of choice - 2 or more weapons. (I’m not sure)

Welcome to the forums, Mantis :slight_smile:

You have run into a common and very irritating bug that Funcom is aware of, and, hopefully, trying to fix. There are a few things you can do to prevent it.

First, never have two weapons in a thrall’s inventory during a fight; they aren’t too smart and it confuses them. There is one exception.

To equip a thrall, I put them on guard in a base, then give them a weapon and a truncheon, and a piece of steak for the buff, BTW. When I get to the area and see whether or not I want to knock them out, I remove the one that I do not want them to use. Until in a place where I can place them on guard, I never change weapons. This practice works most of the time. I also test them out on a trivial enemy before entering a dungeon or the Unnamed City, for instance.

If you find you are out in the wild and that happens, there are a few workarounds that might work, but are a bit complicated and somewhat dangerous, so I pull them away far enough to repeat the above process and see if it works. If not, I change thralls and start again.

Good luck !

Regards

jim

1 Like

@Jim1 described the issue pretty well. To add a few more suggestions:

1. If the thralls are not attacking enemy players, make sure that the raid window is on. They won’t attack other players outside of it.
  2. As Jim mentioned avoid having more than one weapon at a time in the thrall’s inventory.
  3. If they were fighting with a 1h weapon and you gave them while in combat a 2h weapon, they will bug out. If they are fighting well with 1h weapon, stick to that type. V.v if they are fighting well with 2h weapon don’t swap to 1h mid combat.
  4. If you want to swap from 1h to 2h or v.v., make sure the thralls are out of combat and as Jim suggested preferably placed to guard. If you perform such a change, test them on an easy enemy before going all in.
  5. Sometimes removing all armor and weapons and adding them back fixes the situation as well but if you follow the above points, you will rarely have issues with the thralls.
  6. Make sure thralls can use that weapon. Some of the newer weapons can’t be used by thralls. They are not worthy of it.
  7. Thralls may experience issues if the server is lagging. Server restart helps or simply disengage and wait it out.

Happy hunting!

2 Likes

Just an expansion/correction on your #2 above, how many hands it takes doesn’t matter in the least. Going from one 1-h sword to a different 1-h sword can still cause them to get ‘broken’.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.