Thrall pot and thralls show wrong times?

Game mode: Online official
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE-Conflict
Region: EU

Thrall pot and thralls show wrong times ?
When adding food to thrall pot hunger times updates but goes back after couple minutes.
It updates back to right number if you watch Thrall inventory ( food is there )

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:
1.Add food to thrall pot
2.watch how time goes from 6 days to 9 days
3.wait 2 minutes
4.time goes back to 6 days in thrall pot
5.go watch thrall inventory and see how it updates back to 9 days
6. wait 2 minutes and timer is back to 6 days ( thralls and pot still have food)
7.facepalm and logout

3 Likes

We had the issue that it goes back from 6 days to 5 hours

1 Like

After 2 days and few reboots at official pve-c its still same.

Yeah confirmed. I’m really hoping it’s just a display bug on the cooking pot and not the actual timer that’s broken though.

This is my thoughts about it:
The thrall pot in a base with max decay timer itself has a timer of 167hours 59mins and 59sec max … ie 6days, 23 hours, 59 min and 59 sec … so if the owners do not come back within the time to refresh it then the pot despawns…
and so when we look at the thrall pot list of how long the thralls that access the pot have for food …it reflects this decay timer

The individual thrall however when you look at each specifically has their starvation time based on the food actually IN their inventory…so with 5 pieces it’s just over 7 days…put more in then timer goes up even more …Eg 100 gruel it’s over 13 days…

This is why i think there seems to be a discrepancy…because the thrall pot can not read that the individual thrall has more than the minimum food available but calculates on pushing more food to the thrall when they get less than the minimum five pieces in their inventory up to the max decay of the thrall pot.

That’s quite probable. It would make sense, since obviously the effective maximum for the thrall pot itself is its decay timer.

That said, it’s quite possible to (manually) give a thrall enough food that his timer (nominally) reaches 20+ days, though obviously that doesn’t take food spoilage into account so the “real” time is hard to tell. Which is, I suppose, all a part of the problem.

Yes as different food has different decay times. So I’m not sure if stacking a thrall with 100 gruel will actually allow it to be around for 13+ days or if spoilage will bring it down. I haven’t really tracked how long one hundred gruel in a wheel lasts if the wheel is not used at all.

So far, my estimate is about 3 pieces of fish per thrall in a 24 hour period … but if I grow bored of cooking seafood then I’ll switch to gruel as it’s faster.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.