Thrall vanished when trying to place out of placeable range

Game mode: Single Player
Type of issue: Bug (i guess, doubt its intentional)
Server type: N/A
Region: N/A

I was moving a thrall which had already been placed. I was trying to place them as far away from where i was at the time as i was about to get into a fight and i didn’t want them involved. I panicked and left clicked for placement beyond the range that its possible to place a thrall and they vanished. For all i know they have been placed somewhere but i haven’t been able to find them. It is my fault, but i imagine that having them just vanish or be placed somewhere unlocatable is not intended.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:
1.Place a thrall from inventory
2.Use the move Thrall option
3.Move the placement indicator to a range where the Thrall cannot be placed from where you are standing
4.Left click to place the thrall
5. Thrall will have vanished.

I tested with another thrall while in a non-combat situation and the above steps produced the same result, a thrall who is now nowhere to be seen.

Have you returned to where you picked the thrall up from? Ie his/her last “stand guard” position?

I hadn’t realised there was a limit on how far you could move a thrall/pet before putting them back on the ground until recently. I had the same message as you and the thrall vanished … I ran back to where I had taken him from and he was there.

Edit: in response to Multiguns question below my post - my experience was on PvE official oceanic server

Any mods?

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.