Thralls and building dmg outside of raiding time

Game mode: online official
Type of issue: bug sort of
Server type: PvP official
Region: Australia

Not sure if this has already been reported bit here goes. So I have my thrall buddy with me, now if I equip him with with throwing axes/demon fire/gas or oil he has unlimited ammo of those types, pretty simple. Now say I equip him with demon fire orbs (unlimited ammo) and another player not in my clan to stand between my thrall and say a T1 building, if that player agros my thrall he’ll start throwing orbs at him which the player then dodges so the orbs hit the building. The orbs will do dmg to that building and yay you can now raid bases outside of raid time… We tested it a few weeks back so it may have been fixed but I doubt it.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Thrall on follow carrying demonfire orbs
  2. Enemy player agros thrall
  3. Thrall throws orb at player cause dmg to buildings
1 Like

No reply? So much sigh

I don’t know, I kind of see this as a trade off to using unlimited orbs for defense. Your bases should be vulnerable to such destructive elements, even friendly fire. Outside of raid time though, I’m not sure how you would go about that. I guess making it so your base was indestructible during non raiding periods? But then that could mean the Purge wouldn’t be able to attack your base during these times either. That’s tricky, I’m not sure how I would address that.

unlimited ammo etc is fine, but yeah being able to raid outside of raid times is harsh

tho would be nice to get a dev or who ever to respond to at least say they know its a problem or its already been fixed in test live

That was one of the points I was trying to make. How can you possibly fix this? You are saying that if a player angers a nearby ally Thrall, the Thrall will then throw an orb and damage it’s own building right? During raiding and non raiding times. Right, I get that. But how are you supposed to fix that? You can’t make the buildings indestructible because then the Purge is useless. It’s overpowered to have infinite orbs to begin with, so to take away friendly fire on top of that? Not a good idea either.

I cannot see a way to fix this from a developer’s stand point. Maybe Funcom has some better or other ideas how to approach it and I’m sure the community team will send this up the ladder to get their thoughts on the subject, but I’m at a loss.

Maybe you should use different weapons for defense, as I personally see this as simply a draw back to having unlimited amount of orbs on top of having as many Thralls as you want.

i saw their streaming in twich and they said their aware of the issue and working on it but i doubt that.

ah but im not asking for a fix im asking or acknowledgement that they know this is a problem at least.

Aso was that the latest stream? i havent seen it but i know they know about the throwing axes

Do you have a timestamp? I just skimmed through the last community stream and didn’t hear it, but I did go through it pretty fast cause I didn’t feel like spending a lot of time on this.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.