Thralls dissapeared

Game mode: [Online, Private Server for 8 players]
Type of issue: [Bug]
Server type: [PvE]
Region: [Europe]

The game was not played for a few months. After starting the game again, all thralls who were able to fight (archers, dancers,…) dissapeared. We have three castles and in both castles the thralls dissapeared. Only the non fighting thralls stay in their work area.
Our server is secured by password. The server gets updated by our provider (4Players).
So what happened with our thralls and their equipment? We also dissabled the stupid functionality to feed our thralls, so they cannot be starved.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:
1.Update server?
2.Thralls dissapeared!

Thralls do no longer need to be fed. Instead, a decay-system like the one for abandoned buildings was implemented, thus the thralls just decayed because the owners did not log in.
You need just to log in, unlike with buildings it is not needed to visit all thralls.
At the moment, I do not know the standard decay time for thralls…

Hey @Lichtbringer

Thralls are affected by the decay system now. If you haven’t logged for months, it’s quite possible they decayed.

Ok. Thanks for your response.
I changed the following entry in the server.ini from false to true
DisableThrallDecay=True

How can I prevent that my buildings get decayed? I did not found a matching entry in the server.ini

1 Like

Hey @Lichtbringer

To disable building decay, change this parameter in ServerSettings.ini to True:
DisableBuildingAbandonment

There is a serversetting to disable decay in the game’s settings. You have to check the box (as an admin) and restart the server.
And watch out for updates, I have found the decay system running again after an update!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.