Thralls/pets still die of hunger; official server

Game mode: Online official
Type of issue: Bug, i guess
Server type: PvE-Conflict, #1821
Region: Americas, east coast #1821

tamed thralls still die/diappear of maybe (?) hunger. I log in daily, i usually still feed animals and toss honey to humans. But some time in the last 2-3 days(?) A t4/named thrall, 2 rhinos, 2 totem bears, and 2 totem versions of the gorilla turtle/sleestak things are just gone. The named thrall disappeared with legendary, armor, etc., to boot. Any idea what i might be doing wrong?

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. i guess i could take away food and wait a week. Not sure what else to suggest.

What does your event log say about them … it should say if they have been killed by an NPC, died, died from starvation or have “returned home”
If it’s “returned home” then they have pathed to where they were last put down on the ground using the “guard” command (or maybe a different one if the game glitched and didn’t save the new location). If you moved them by telling them to follow you then stop following then they will path back to the last place you lifted them and put down and NOT stay where you told them to Stop follow.
Hope this helps you to find them.

1 Like

Hey there,

Pets and thralls should not die of starvation. Once their hunger meter reaches 0, they take no damage. Some remnants of the old hunger system still remain and might give a wrong impression of starvation affecting them.
If they disappear it’s quite possibly due to other circumstances. Check the event log and see if any NPC killed them, or as @Kwalya suggests, check if they have returned home (that is, their latest guard point).
Thanks for your feedback.

Setting up a thrall pot, a feeding one for pets help often to see more clear. They may been sunken in some foundations, if so, they should be listen in the feeders. Sometimes moving the feeder/pot around may give results.

And yes, the home position of course.

Some thralls and pets may vanish by decay, bug or not, but better make sure it’s not the case by doing all that, i agree. :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.