Thralls Teleport Into Floor and Die

Tag your topic with platform (PC/XB/PS4)!

Platform: PC
Game mode: Private Testlive | Singleplayer
Version: 95136/17701
Problem: Bug
Crash dump link: (if applicable - fill out the crash report and enter your email to get the link)

The new patch notes said “Fix for thralls falling through building floors. Please report asap if you can reproduce this now”

Immediately after the patch one of my thralls died in the floor.

Repro steps:

1. Have a thrall on follow.
  2. Run into my base.
  3. Thrall teleports to me but inside the floor.
  4. Thrall dies.

My base in sitting on double stacked foundations so I imagine the thralls are teleporting to the lower layer.
This may not be the same issue as thralls falling through the floors, I’m not sure.

My thralls usually fall through the ground when I’m dragging them back to base. 90% of the slaves I capture die like this. I posted a thread, but no response.

I just came here to report this. 3 times on a row my knocked out thralls vanish when I drag them to my base. I have to drag them of a mountain and they they seem to sink into the mountain. My rope is still attached.

There’s a few threads on the issue you mentioned. Check out my comment in the following post.

After extensive testing I’ve figured out ways to capture thralls from any settlement despite the bug.

For example, at New Asagarth if I drag NPCs out the front, they vanish at the same spot every time. If I immediately take a right and stay near the wall and then slide down a slope a little ways down, I can safely deliver them to a nearby Wheel of Pain 100% of the time. I have similar setups at many NPC camps.

You can make NPCs chase you to see exactly where they’ll disappear and then try to build a Wheel of Pain before that spot. I hope this makes sense and helps!

1 Like

Different issue but there are multiple threads on that one. Check out my other comments to see how to circumvent this bug.

Yeah, I finally did make a wheel of pain near a camp. It’s a start!