TIME FOR A PUBLIC STATEMENT -The Reply

Honestly, that never crossed my mind.

You tell me. I certainly never said that.

…for which there was absolutely no reason to tag him. You chose to do so. I consider that singling him out. What constitutes as auto-reply is another matter, but not really the topic here.

I tagged you as I addressed two people in my post, and I felt it appropriate to differ between the responses. I think it was already obvious to any reader who I was addressing, so I don’t see the tag causing additional discomfort.

I never said that either. However, we do clarify in the sticky post that this forum is for game suggestions, not out-of-game communication suggestions, so an argument could be made.

Please don’t be. Report them, and we will be happy to review and act on them as appropriate.

I gather that’s the intro done with… :slight_smile:

I have in recent conversations repeatedly come back to Hanlon’s razor: “Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.”
“Stupidity” in this case refers to not thinking things through, not being fully informed, making mistakes; not a lack of intellect.

You and others appear to think the test-live patch notes did not match the test-live patch content due to malice. That we tried to sneak changes by you without you noticing.
I can assure you it was… well… see above. It was mistakes.

Please consider the following possibilities for this mismatch:

• Some changes could have been unintended side effects of other (intended) changes
  • Some changes could have been intended but were not properly documented in time for test-live
  • The list of documented changes provided to the one writing the patch notes could have been incomplete (after all, there were hundreds of changes)
  • The patch notes author could have have misunderstood something and it was perhaps not fully reviewed in time
  • Because this is a test-live patch, not a live patch impacting a live product, all of the above could have been done with less time and scrutiny, simply to allow for more resources to be spent on development and supporting the community

Are any of those plausible? Maybe all of them? If yes, then why choose to believe and/or claim none of them are true and that we would for some reason be out to deceive or hurt you?

And if no, then honestly there is little use to talk. If you actually believe us to have malicious intent toward our player community, I really see no basis for conversation. We can simply agree to disagree and walk our separate ways.

I don’t want us to do that.

My takeaway here is much the same as your first post: frustration and passion. Thank you for keeping it more in line with the forum guidelines this time around, though this is still not what this forum is intended for. We’ll leave the thread open though. No harm in that.

Contrary to what you say, I do like being told negative things. How can we improve if we don’t know what people are unhappy with? We greatly appreciate feedback and suggestions.

I don’t like to be told things in an unconstructive (i.e. negative) way, however. Staying constructive and level-headed is always helpful in any conversation. Let us continue to do that. :handshake:

20 Likes