MS had one thing, which I wanted and more and more people want it today…
Binding a PHYSICAL game on your account. I dont resell games… To much hassle with people without money.
But I often buy them physically and nothing is more annoying, then changing the Blu-ray.
90% of my games are bought digital. And I would be happy to make the other 10% also bound on my account.
MS wanted to force it for EVERY game, which was the bad part of the good idea.
Also they had the idea to “borrow games” which resulted in Steam-family share (came 2017 - Xbox One was presented ~end of 2013).
I have a PS4 (and had a PS3), only because of Naughty dog. If MS would buy Naughty dog, it would be “bye bye PS” for me.
I hate the Sony concern (because of bad support on my HDV cam and phone). They are bad. Sony Software is bad (compared to MS). And the xbox controller (the analog pads) is also better (hence why the switch pro controller has the d-pad on the same place as the xbox controller).
I had never an xbox, but xbox controllers on PC. Yes, I am normaly a PC gamer. But my current (old PC) cannot handle Conan. And I wait for my PC upgrade, until the day will come when I dont play CE anymore, because DIABLO 4 is out!
PS.: The success of PS and Nintendo are their better exclusive. Naughty dog (Uncharted, TLOU, Crash, etc) or the whole Mario franchise is, what gets people to buy this consoles. HALO was great for Xbox1. But to small changes for 2 console generations after it…
PPS.: So please, take off your sony fanboi glasses… MS also did many good things and dont forget, that a competitor is always great for costumers!! Otherwise Sony could say, you have to pay 1000€ for PS5. Or buy a Switch pro