Today's live stream

So, we are supposed to have a live stream for the mounts today. Hope we get a date for the release.

But, do you think we will get any info for a potential season 3 of DLCs?

Then it will probably be at the end for you :wink:

something like:
“it’s still 100” and then cut off video lol.

2 Likes

But still, It will be all in ONE update…

Like the previous DLCs came with game updates and hence why you were able to see the new building blocks in the last stream.

So probably FC will give a preview of it. Regardless if the community wants answers to other questions :smiley: :smiley:

They already did that, last stream, when Jens smirks and likens the loss of thralls (by way of the game deleting them if you have over 100) to “The Culling”.

I didn’t think it was appropriate for him to smirk at players hundreds if not thousands of hours being tossed down the drain like that…but, to each their own.

4 Likes

I wouldnt be surprised, if it gets even lower :smiley:

And Funcom said, they will make tests and look on the performance… So maybe they want to see how it behaves on testlive?
But are people even having thrall armies on testlive?

Guess they are not going to change the thrall cap afterall based on what little they said about in todays livestream. Total BS, they can keep the damn mounts. All I saw was a lot of changes that didn’t need to take place to items and mechanics that work fine.

1 Like

Something I noticed in the live stream is that horses will level up faster than other followers and it will still take 4 to 6 hours to reach level 20.

So . . . you’ll have a very difficult time getting your entire army of 100 thralls (assuming max clan size) up to level 20.

I think you’re taking this more personally than you should, but I also think you are correct that Funcom is essentially telling you that your specific play style is not appropriate for an official server and you should consider moving to a private server or playing offline.

3 Likes

It does seem like they are trying to tell us that. Its just unfortunate that after almost 2 years and a few thousand hours on the same server that they decided that though

How long have you known the thrall cap is comin? Be more proactive and not reactive. I have an entire chest full of t4 volcano, berzerker, and purge thralls waiting for the update. With the new leveling system everyone is complaining they will be losing thralls that r gonna probably be weak as hell once the leveling is initiated anyways. Stop complainin and prepare for it. Its been almost a month already. They gave AMPLE time to prepare for it

5 Likes

Legacy thralls will be gone, just have to deal with it. They were basically useless anyway, rare or not.

1 Like

I think they have basically said without saying it, that there will be no more dlc with this thrall cap.

What makes you say that?

It’s interesting to read all the mixed comments about the upcoming update. I think a thrall cap is the least of the worries. Personally, I don’t think it will have the substantial effect on the game’s performance that is hoped for. My old private server, when everyone cleared out after the Dec. 18 update, had 3 players remaining, each with one structure and a handful of thralls. The performance was still lacking and it’s not been much better on single player. I’m not saying the number of buildings and thralls has no effect on performance, but I don’t think it’s insanely significant based on my experience.

With some of the changes that have been made in past updates and the ones that will be made soon, Funcom appears to be upsetting more players than they’re satisfying. And after a year and a half post official release with the game in the shape it’s still in with bugs and performance issues, combined with the effectiveness of all the previous updates, patches, and hot fixes, it seems to me that the writing on the wall is pretty obvious. This next update probably won’t work out so well and more players will bail.

That wouldn’t bode well. Steam Charts already shows, since the game’s official release, 8 instances of gained players and 11 instances of player loss per month. (Average number of players in a given 30 day period: May '18, 21,556; the last 30 days, 5,894) Some will say this is no indication of why people are leaving the game and there are indeed several reasons, I’m sure. But read these and other forums. I see more people complaining about than praising the game. Watch and read a few reviews as well.

I’m hoping I’m wrong…love the game and wish it wasn’t still playing like it’s still in early access, but I’ve already removed it from my PC. I’ll reinstall it if I hear good things about the next update/patch. If not, that’s likely gonna be a wrap for me. A year and a half is more than a generous amount of time for me to give a dev to get a game playing like a solid finished product. In that case…lesson learned.

Please make me eat my words Funcom. I’m still routing for you…albeit with low confidence.

I say that because we players will not have enough thralls to dress up or enough thralls to guard new buildings made from dlc.
Funcom must surely realise that this is one of the outcomes of the low thrall limit and have likely made a decision not to make anymore dlc.
The derketo dlc has little to no value now unless you want an empty tavern and a stage with no dancers.

No, they haven’t announced that there will be no more dlc but the thrall limit and particularly it’s clan implementation means there will be no market for it.

I don’t know but it kind of seems they are just trying to get the game into a playable state so they can move onto the next thing.

You hit the nail on the head there. Sure, mounts look exciting and flashy, but at this point, it’s like trying to cure depression with cocaine.

When you look at the quality of the game, it leaves a lot to desire. PVP players aren’t really happy because of rampant cheating and crappy balance. PVE players aren’t really happy because of the trolls and griefers and a barrage of nerfs. On top of it, each update and DLC brings a bunch of new bugs with it, some of which make me wonder if Funcom have even heard of regression testing or, for that matter, if they have a QA team at all.

Sure, it’s nice to get new DLCs and dungeons to spark interest. Sure I have a laundry list of new features I would love to see. Sure, new game mechanics can be exciting and fun.

But you know what might be even nicer? Can you imagine what it would be like if Funcom focused on improving the quality, at least for a while? Get rid of undermeshing and other exploits. Hammer out good PVP balance. Fix the damn Purge and give it a good purpose. Give PVE players a way of dealing with griefers and trolls. Fix the damn stability bugs and snapping issues. Fix whatever you need to be able to bring back avatars. Make the PVE combat fun and challenging again, instead of having your thralls fight for you. Those are just some things I could think of in a minute. I’m sure if I sat down to consider it properly, I could come up with more.

I mean, yeah, I’m still playing the game. But I would like to get to the point where I’m not playing the game despite its bugs.

2 Likes

Returning to their studies in June, July, August, September, and November of 2018 and again in February, April, June, July, August, and November of 2019? You say that as if students buckle down and actually study really, really hard 5 or 6 months a year. Next thing you’re gonna tell me is they skip all the partying and such as well…lol. :smiley:

Bingo. Might even have some players return if they did that. Word of mouth can have a dramatic effect one way or the other. I’d love nothing more than to contact all the people who used to play on my server and tell them Funcom straightened everything out.

That is a absolut normal behaviour. If I would write at the forum that I really enjoy the game as a counterpart to every negative comment, I would named as funcom funboy.
Also I see a lot of negative post and the most of them are from player on official server.
At the moment there a 20 times more private server then official server. So much more people playing and enjoying the game on private server then on official one.
I have a rented private server running since release with large buildings, a lot of thralls an pets and I don’t have the problems I always read here (lags, rubber banding, stuttering, etc.)

My recommendation to everyone is to try out and play some time on a private server.

Well, yeah, but there’s a difference here. Official servers are all the same, whereas almost no two private servers are identical. That sounds like a good thing, until you realize that a great number of those servers “softly break” the game. I’ll try to explain.

I’ve been trying out different private servers and some of the things are insane. There was this one PVE server yesterday with the sprinting cost multiplier set to 0, so you could sprint indefinitely.

Then there was this other PVE server with x6 multiplier for XP, gathering, you name it. Corpses don’t drop loot, either. Sounds great, right? Except that vast swaths of content and gameplay mechanics are suddenly useless and irrelevant.

My point is that it’s better to go to a fast-food chain that never runs out of hamburgers than to go to a fancy-looking restaurant with long menu full of dishes with a variety of flavors like cardboard, toothpaste, sand, earwax or socks.

Beside performance issues, bugs, glitches and problems which seems to come with every new patch, especially the last 3 ones, for me Conan Exiles is still an outstanding game. I played a lot of such games but for me the resource management and the crafting system is the best and most intuitive system I experienced till today. The building system is awesome, I don’t know a game with such a creative system as easy to use like CE. The map and the open world is beautiful hand made. The ancient Conan theme is unique and absorbing.
The possibilities for mods and Modding is really a plus factor, which expands the openworld possibilities tremendously.
The Modding community is so creative and supporting each other.
Conan Exiles could be the Skyrim of the Open World MMOs if the game wouldn’t expirence the mentioned issues above.
But I won’t complain about this. It’s the first Unreal engine game of Funcom. The team now is not as big as in EA. The most of them now are working on other projects like Dune, the next open world game of Funcom.
So for me Conan Exiles is only the first step to an optimal Open World game I would like to play.
This would be a really huge open world with maximum freedom to built, create and interact, similar unique and hand made environment, mods, which gives me the possibilities to expand the world with unique content (like Pippi which gives you the possibility to create your own quests and add an economy system), and new systems which expands the possibilities, interactions and longterm motivation for players.
I appreciate that Funcom will continue to make this game better although I already excepted that Conan Exiles will not be the game it could have been. This game lies in the future where people will remember CE as one keystone on the way for an optimal open World/sandbox mmo. :innocent:

3 Likes