Toggling meshes near Stargazer Camp

Game mode: Online private
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE
Region: EU

The ground-mesh near Stargazer Camp flips between two states.
Only seen once so far. Will check on other computers as soon as I get an opportunity.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Go there, look.
    20190827232321_1 20190827232324_1
1 Like

Hey @incendito

Thanks for your keen-eyed observation. We’ll relay this to our art team so they can give it a look and see what’s causing that issue.

This also happens on the shore at Riversend on the gravel. Maybe I can record a short video.

1 Like

Ok, I have looked at this again and when I switched from low to medium graphics the fault was not visible. Perhaps this is an effect only visible on low settings. (I often play on low graphics settings and ultra viewing distance to find resource nodes easier)

1 Like

I kinda had a feeling that it was an LOD thing. It’s probably rendering in the lower end LOD at a closer range because of the graphics settings. If you set your settings to higher, that LOD will proabably still be generated, you just won’t see it as well because you will be much further away. As you get closer, it will replace the lower end LOD with the next step up (depending on how many LOD’s were setup for that section, typical is 4 but could be as low as just 1).

On that note, LOD’s are a pain in my back side sometimes and I hates them.

1 Like

Could be. However, after switching to medium or better graphics and then back to low graphics I can no longer replicate the fault. I have another PC I can try it on but I will not have access to it for a few days yet.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.