Trouble connecting to character server

Located in TX, USA. Receiving error check connection or firewall. Connection is fine, firewall has TSWL exempt on ports. Was playing momentarily then booted me due to lost connection, changing server error. Have been having issue for approx. 2 hours now (mix of can’t get to character select, or lost server connection, changing servers).

There was a short-term connectivity outage that affected our games recently. We apologize for the inconvenience; the servers should be up as of this writing. Please let us know if the issues persist.

i think we can play tomorrow xD gifft one emote to all player or other think for issues :smirk_cat: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I cant connect too

Hi, I cant connect on the game.

Are you on Steam?

2 posts were split to a new topic: 1090 PVE Server

Hello AndyB,

It appears to be happening again… Albeit I am able to fully log into game every time but have been getting DC’d quite often over the past hour (1045pm CST to now, 1120pm). Prior, game was running fine over the previous 10ish hours of gameplay, but now encountering DC issues regularly. Similar to original issue in this post (lost connection changing servers).

Hello AndyB,
I appear to be having the same issue again as was noted throughout this post. Are the servers experiencing another connectivity issue following server restart today?

1 Like

Hello AndyB,
I appear to be having the same issue again as was noted throughout this post. Are the servers experiencing another connectivity issue following server restart today?

1 Like

I’m also getting that message, I NEVER get that message unless it is server sided. My modem is directly connected, firewall is NOT blocking the game, and my net speed is normal, every other program works fine.

Steam is down. Anyone using the Steam client may experience trouble connecting. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do but wait for the issue to clear up.

Hello AndyB,

Thank you

1 Like

Steam should be back up now. Please try again!