There is a known issue where some players’ game launcher for The Secret World, the original game, will be changed to launch Secret World Legends instead. The problem causing the launchers to start the wrong game existed for only a limited amount of time but there may still be players affected by it.
If you would like to play TSW but your game client has been updated to the SWL client:
- Open this link in a new tab:
- While on that page, press CTRL+S to save the page to your TSW installation folder
- By default here is the path for TSW: C:\Program Files (x86)\Funcom\The Secret World
- You will be asked if you want to replace the existing LocalConfig file. Select Yes.
- After saving the new LocalConfig run Patcher.Setup.exe (which can be found in the installation folder) as an administrator. This should download the correct patching file and get your client to launch the correct game.
If you have any issues please create an e-mail ticket at https://www.funcom.com/help and we’ll be happy to help you troubleshoot further.