Two heads from one mob

Game mode: Online
Problem: Bug/Misc
Region: US

I got two heads from chopping up a panther. Not sure if bug or not but this is sorta weird and shouldn’t be possible. I assume it may be the same for all animals?

Steps on how to reproduce issue:

1. Kill a panther.
  2. Chop up the panther with a stone axe.
  3. Get lucky obtaining two heads.

Mutant panthers. What will they think of next?

It is most likely just that the server you play on has resources set at 2x. Try picking up a branch and see if you get one or two as a result.

You may be right, it is a PvP server and all of the official have x2 by default. Yet still, you shouldn’t get two heads from an animal regardless of what resource is set to in my opinion.

I totally agree. However, it has been that way since inception and I do not think they will change it. Or, it will be far down the list. Try a 10x “builder’s paradise”, etc. type server and really get annoyed, especially when that is 50 pounds of heads, not to mention how much meat or other resources you’d receive heh.

It’s not that big of an issue, but this game has almost no polish. Every little weird thing here and there really makes things pretty annoying. For example, I’m in a jungle biome and get hit with a sandstorm. What? A 1 tile high roof is also not enough to fully shelter you either in the game, so I took damage until I moved enough. Too many things like that happen and you can lose interest in the game real fast. Remember, the game has been released. Polish and stability should be the priority.

I was safe from the sandstorm over at the Witch Queen’s Palace, but as soon as I went ‘inside’ the palace, I started taking sandstorm damage…

I know exactly what you mean!

I definitely hear you. There are far too many little things that are just so damn frustrating. In many ways, it is worse than at points throughout EA. Yet, I persevere for the potential and memory of some of the better times. I’m kind of at the feeling that I’d rather be back to less content and have better performance and “polish”.