Un-dead base security

Necromancy by using undead tames to raise during a purge. They come out of the ground when summoned like an god avatar. Thoughts??

4 Likes

I think THAT is a good idea how to spice up the “magic sector” in Conan Exiles.
In contrary to flinging fireballs, which I think isn’t lore friendly at all.

In my opinion it should not be cheap to summon an army of undead though. It would need a lot of farming in preparation for the ritual, just like summoning a god avatar as you mentioned.

I’m thinking about a similar mechanism with summoned flying demons. Maybe call it demonology. Entities pulled from another dimension, to aid in your fight for a short period of time.
I think there already is something comparable in the game: the globe of Yezud, which summons a spider.

2 Likes

Stop begging for magic.There is allot of mods and you can play how you want.Some people want play without

We aren’t begging for magic, we are discussing ideas.

2 Likes

you talk about to bring magic to basic game.What will be-all players dont have choice.Now you can play with magic on modded servers or without on others.If Funcom add magic-even on single player you must play with this.And CE became like most other games

Easy…as was stated, it’s a simple discussion. However, if you really want to get into it…a magic system is something a LARGE amount of players have asked for over the years. Yes, it is available through mods but (surprisingly) there is not a massive selection of mods for that and some people don’t want whole conversions just to do cool spells and visuals. Not to mention, last I checked, you still cannot use mods on console versions (at least on PS4 this is still true). If you’re against the idea, that’s fine, plenty of ideas people have thrown around that I don’t like. Doesn’t mean I lose it on them when they mention it.

3 Likes

Stygia was known for its curses and hexes whenever foreigners would try to invade. So while its fortifications and defenses were never known to be as great as some other great empires, no one wanted to invade.

I wouldn’t mind seeing some sort of means of putting out buffs or debuffs around a base sized area. Something that could be used against purges or sieges. Said buffs/debuffs last on targets only when in the area, and the effect in the area is 10-30 minutes per activation.

Could use the god altars or another sorcerous one. Though the god altars might be a good candidate, with each god having a different effect and uses zeal.

1 Like

Id also like just regular skeleton archer thralls of different tiers too. Or at least the ability to equip undead thralls.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.