Game mode: [ On-line ]
Type of issue: [ Admin ]
Server type: [ MP, both PvP and PvE ]
Region: [ America ]
As the title suggests I have had repeatable issues with destroying foundations, walls and building parts that are stuck inside or below the ground. The problem occurs when they are completely submerged. In ADMIN mode ghosting through the terrain does not help because once you enter the terrain Shift Delete no longer works. I have a player with one foundation just inside a wall natural game wall. It is offset and the snap points are preventing him from finishing his base.
You can see it but I cannot bring up the construction wheel because it is just behind the invisible barrier of natural structure. Additionally Shift Delete via an admin does not work. The natural barrier overlaps the foundation. Currently I am dealing with the aqueduct. When I fly into the aqueduct it does not matter. Admin commands assume I am targeting the aqueduct which cannot be interacted with. I could destroy all structure under a name but that is not a viable solution.
Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:
- Find a natural structure like the Aqueduct while playing as a natural player.
- Place a foundation that clips slightly into the structure.
- Place another foundation that snaps even deeper into the aqueduct. If you can target the foundation that is further into the aqueduct then it is not far enough into the structure to create the bug.
- Remove the first.
- Create a small structure a few meters away in a perfectly intractable area.
- Enter Admin / ghost mode.
- Now destroy, the buried foundation without effecting the small structure in (step 5)
Again did my best to search the web for a viable answer on-line without answers that resolved the issue.