Unable to edit modlist from menu, or load/create singleplayer game

Since the game patched for the latest battle pass season I get the following message when trying to launch a single player game.

‘The game is currently using a temporary mod list. You need to restart the game to play singleplayer/coop. Do you want to restart now?’

The same message appears when trying to edit the modlist from the conan menu itself.

Clicking okay and restarting, doesn’t change anything, the same message displays when restarting and trying either to load a singleplayer game, start a new one, or go to the modlist in the options list of conan.

Even with all mods uninstalled, no modlist files in the folder, the same error displays.

You looks skilled, so i suppose you have validate your gamefiles either, right?

Verified files, ran it without a modlist.txt, even reinstalled conan now, still getting the same error.

Try this:

Step 1:
-Go to conan in your steam library
-Click the cogwheel
-Hover over “Manage” and select “Browse Local Files”
-Click on Conansandbox
-Then click on Saved
-Then proceed to delete the following: ModsCached folder & Modrestartdata.json

Didn’t work, I am able to join servers without mods.

But I still can’t continue singleplayer, make a new single player, or open the modlist once the game has launched, all continue to give the same.

‘The game is currently using a temporary mod list. You need to restart the game to play singleplayer/coop. Do you want to restart now?’

Message despite multiple restarts, three verifications, and a reinstall of conan.

tI2GE3Z

I have the exact same issue, and tried the same steps with no luck - locked out of single player at the moment

Deleted and reinstalled the game, and the exact same problem occurs

Found the fix - delete the ModControllerCache.json file.

1 Like

That seems to have worked thanks <3

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.