Unable to set item decay rate?

Game mode: Single-player
Type of issue: Bug | Misc
Server type: PvE
Region: AU/PAL

Upon starting a new game, I noticed I can’t adjust the decay rate of items, no option to adjust it in server settings, and attempting to input the console command listed on the wiki for it to adjust it (Yes, I have admin rights enabled) results in it saying the command is not recognized. Is there some other way to adjust it?

I doubt it’s a mod conflict, but I’ll list the mods I have set;

• Emberlight 2.1.1
  • Niflheimr - MiniMap
  • BBJigglePhysics
  • Aquilonian Passion Body
  • Conspirator Armor
  • Less Building Placement Restrictions

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Want to adjust item decay rate.
  2. See no option in server settings
  3. Console command seemingly won’t work
  4. Remain confused

Hey @CrystalGoddess

What particular command are you using to disable decay?
Also, is it disabled if you add or modify the following line in ServerSettings.ini?
DisableBuildingAbandonment=True

It’s not building decay I’m trying to change, it’s the rate items like meat and such perish at that I’m trying to change, the command I’ve been trying with the particular setting would be ItemSpoilRateScale=0.5, yet it won’t work.

Where are you and your server located? Can it be a problem of decimal point vs decimal comma?

I play single player, and in Australia.

This might seem an issue with mods, maybe. Can you see the setting in Settings -> Harvesting -> Item Spoil Rate Scale?
Otherwise, adding ItemSpoilRateScale in ServerSettings.ini with any value (default is 1 which means 2 minutes. Lesser is more time, higher is less time) should provide the result you’re looking for.

1 Like

Seemed to be a mod issue, more so the order rather than what I was using. Fixed now.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.