Unconscious enemies disappearing

Game mode: Online private
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE
Region: Europe

It happened several times for me now that unconscious foes simply disappear when dragging them to their destined wheel of fun.
Mostly after a lag spike, but sometimes just for no frickin reason, they disappear into thin air.
This can be infuriatingly maddening, if you’ve just spent hours looking for a specific thrall and dragging him through 3 biomes only to realise, that the game simply won’t let you capture him and makes him disappear!!

Most probably he is stuck somewhere inside the level mashes, just like so many other bugged foes. Anyways, I was not able to find, nor retrieve him. Relog did not help and it’s just so frustrating.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Spend hours farming for a specific thrall (Cimmerian Armorer Tier 3 in my case)
  2. Knock it unconscious and drag it for hundreds of miles through several biomes
  3. experience a LAG spike, turn around and find it gone.
  4. Turn every stone, looking for it for an eternity, give up eventually and curse your existence.

This works from time to time leave area even 1 grid away and run back and sometimes will pop back up.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply.
Tried it, but didn’t work unfortunately.

Also, when doing the leave and come back thing, use low end laptop mode, to get rid of all the landscape frill that could visually hide the thrall.

When dragging, a couple things I try desperately to avoid are big cats and jumping. Even a little jump can go wrong and accidentally invoke climb mode, dropping the chain. Big cats seem to be efficient at doing a lunch attack that just misses me as I run past, but hit my thrall. Lost a named bearer just the other day from that.

Not that I think these happened to you, but just putting it out there for anyone’s benefit. Sorry for your loss.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.