Update on the recent undocumented changes

Our Associate Producer on Conan Exiles, Jay Rowland, would like to address the situation regarding items with undocumented changes.

Greetings Exiles,

We wanted to update people on the recent equipment balance changes that came out with the 2.2 patch. First off, it seems we did miss including several intended changes in the patch notes and for that we are sorry. While we do try our best to ensure any planned changes are documented, things slip through the cracks sometimes and this is one of those cases.

The 2.1 economy patch introduced thrall bonuses to weapons and armor and removed the exceptional/flawless versions of crafted gear. This also meant that some gear which previously did not have higher grade versions (e.g. Telith’s Sorrow) could now be crafted with stats that exceeded their intended ranges. To compensate, the base stats on these items were reduced.

Unfortunately, this change was accidentally applied to some items that are not craftable or for other reasons cannot benefit from the thrall change. We have begun to revert some of these items in the 2.2.1 hotfix but not all the affected items have been corrected at this time.

We appreciate the feedback and all the help tracking down these issues and we are continuing to review balancing issues and adjusting where needed. Improving the accuracy of our update process is an ongoing objective of ours but when we miss something its immensely helpful that so many of you took the time to let us know.

21 Likes

For last 2 years that i spent playing Conan Exiles I have noticed that you guys never mention any thrall damage modifier changes or most of weapon nerfs. I always thought it was covered in shadow so most of the casual players would never noticed meanwhile all the PvP tryhards have to figure it all out once again to find new meta.

So I was wrong, you just fail as usually just to take down the notes. LOL

The Sword of Crom also received a stealth nerf and was not mentioned in the letter nor in the patch notes. @Ignasi could you please be sure to have the developers address that item in a future notification?

Thank you,

-Befallen

Thank you Jay, and Ignasis. Admitting something got done wrong is not easy, especially when the community has been so cannibalistic lately. The communication and explanation is appreciated. I hope this level of communication continues, in spite of the state of the forums, which sadly, has devolved. Thanks for your continued efforts on this game!

7 Likes

Things Slip through Cracks for to long now. Time to work on the game and not on changing values for weapons/armors and then call it “big update”…

How about that for a change?

2 Likes

I’ve had that to happen with other steam games, although i cannot give you a solution, it usually starts working normally back again after a couple of days.Weird.

Please do not take this wrong but admitting something has gone wrong is easy, its the honest thing to do and to be honest has been a long long time coming that is part of the reason the community is cannibalistic as its been always that they have not admitted anything was wrong till the community makes them be honest. I give them points for finally doing it but being honest and admitting your mistakes is easy when you are honest to your community. Not trying to push buttons but saying yay they did their job means little when it happens over and over. We will see how they handle things next but …

Oh I completely understand where you’re coming from, and agree. I just also believe they have been routinely dumped on (and deservedly so in a lot of cases), and should be encouraged when they do something right, especially when it’s the kind of change we want to see as a community.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.