Upgrade kits icons not displayed on weapons and tools

Game mode: Online official | Singleplayer/Coop
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE (Only tested on PVE)
Region: All
Mods?: No
Edition: Steam (Only tested on the Steam Edition)

Introduction

Hello there,

for today’s bug-report, I want to address once again the missing icons on weapons and tools after being upgraded with any type of upgrade kit.

This issue was posted before in the following 2 topics:

No tool or weapon shows the enhancement it has by Ragnaguard

Weapon and Tool Upgrade icon badges missing after client restart by Hotot

This post was created with the allowance of @Mayra to be posted once more for the developers to have a look at it and not forget it for the next patch/update of the game.

Bug Description:

Once after patch 2.4 has roll out, the icons on weapons and tools after being upgraded have disappeared and only leave them with the common “enchanted/upgraded color”. Armors still keep those icons on it, no matter if the character logged out or has transferred.

Sometimes after repairing an item* which got an upgrade kit applied, the item’s upgraded kit will be displayed in form of the icon, but will vanish once the item was equipped or the repair is done.

" * " = in terms of “weapon” and/or “tool”

Singleplayer version of this bug:

Steps to Reproduce:

Reproducing this bug is quite easy.

1. Get any weapon or tool
  2. Apply any upgrade kit on it
  3. The applied kit icon to the weapon/tool should vanish in any of the above-mentioned cases in the bug description.

Thank you.

4 Likes

To add extra info - almost the exact same situation applies in singleplayer - the one difference is that when a modified item is repaired for the first time in a session the icon reappears (and it plays the same sound file as when a modification kit is first applied), and the icon then remains present until the next time the game is restarted. (The sound effect does not play for subsequent repairs during the same session, only the first repair when the icon is otherwise missing.)

Reproduction steps for singleplayer -

1. upgrade any weapon or tool (probably armor as well, but I can’t guarantee that - I would need to check)
  2. log out and log back in - modified item should now be missing its icon (though should still have the purple background)
  3. damage the item a bit so it can be repaired.
  4. repair the item - note the icon reappears and the sound effect plays.
  5. damage the item again - repair again - note icon remains and sound effect does not play
  6. log out and log back in - situation will have reverted to step 2
2 Likes

Greetings,

Thank you for your report. We sent the information to our team for investigation.

Please keep an eye out for it on future patch notes. We appreciate your support. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Added it to the topic itself, thank you!

3 Likes

I reported this already some months ago… Hope your report has more luck than mine :innocent:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.