Useless legendaries

Sry if i see it the wrong way :+1:

Open chests all around the map , and i will tell u something that helped me out… Do not open em one at a time… gather an amount of them, and then just run to 5-6 chests at the same run…
Its like opening ur x-mas gifts. U just need to run a bit… ,also if u r in pve, communicate ur doubles, someone may want to trade something he aint got for something u want!!

1 Like

Collecting dust??? Helm of brute,redeemed chest , champs pants,godbreaker hands and any flawless strength boots… Add warpaint (lets say to even a thrall) and boom (or eat some rare fishy)… get croms hammer or axe of the lion and get a +21 to strength…

Yep. Executioner’s Hood FTW.

3 Likes

ah ok
yup its better
:wink:

I dont even pick up the helm or gauntlets of the brute anymore… I leave them to be absorbed by the sands…

There shouldn’t be legendaries in the first place, maybe 3 or 5 around the map, and thats all, boss chests should give rare materials to craft them yourself, not give them to you.

Well that’s how i would like it to be, as it is now is kind off ridiculous…

1 Like

That would be really awesome! And if there were any legendaries, I would love it if the total number was limited and they were perishable (i.e. with a fixed decay timer and no, you can’t repair them or stick them in a fridge).

Helm of the brute is actually useful to an extent. They need a better system because legendaries in general are a mess

You’re one of those “pve should be harder” people that want significant nerfs to the game. If you don’t like an aspect of the game/think itself too easy, you can JUST as easily NOT utilize those features rather than wish everyone had to play the way you want to.

2 Likes

That’s what I do. I always do several runs and keep getting the same useless things.

I believe they stopped legendaries in the bench, when they rolled out the patch that stopped all the Library recipes from giving black blood accidentally. Only a few weeks ago, I was getting full deconstruction on legendaries.

I do like that there are a lot of legendaries to choose from. I just wish they had any value at all. I use a legendary bow for my explosive arrows, to hunt star metal nodes. I use boss drop bows to hunt bosses and NPCs.

I think since regular legendary weapons are generally weak in comparison to UC boss drops, it makes yet another reason to just make them available at any level, if you have a chest key.

What if we make a new batch of recipes that require some special element that can only be acquired from deconstructing a legendary weapon? Then farming them again would be useful :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s not a nerf, it’s a feature to keep the game going, but i guess some people just want some insta-gratification, that’s valid too.

The way i think about it is to collect the materials to craft the item you want, not to depend from RNG .

1 Like

Tested on the weekend: Some legendaries (from chest) are still able to be dismanteld.

1 Like

If instagratification means farming the UC for 6+ hrs a day for a month to get a sword of crom… ok. I guess thats less “insta” from my perspective.

The thing is: Most games I played in the past, which had legendaries, were like that.

Maybe legendaries are more from (A)RPGs/MMOs and not survival games… But getting legendaries is always a grinding fest.

So maybe thats the root problem with legendaries in this game and survival-only players, who would be happy to remove them? :smiley:

Im totally okay with grinding for them; I’d rather ground for a month than not have anything at all. I mean if we take away legendaries and change thrall leveling, I’m going to run out of things to do end game. Just killing and stealing in pvp gets old if there arent any legendaries to steal.

Ifor PVP, not having the weapon of the month is death sentence. For PVE, some of the legendaries are ust bland and so are considered useless. I think every legendary should just be given some kind of attribute bonuses/temp bonus/health bonuses. This way they have some use outside of PVP. In PVE the dmg/pen is not near as important (not saying it isn’t, just that being PVE it is more about figuring out how to fight the different limited AI NPC’s) as in PVP where every advantage can mean losing your stuff or winning free stuff. By adding the att perks, some could be retooled with farm builds, scout builds, or tied to dungeons. Where some come with the ghost poosion, extended breath, anti corruption. I know some have these, but adding them to every legendaries allows for choice to at least use them once and a while.

3 Likes

I totally did not see that whole thing instead of going to bed (like I should’ve). That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

1 Like