Vampire, PLEASE bring Vampire!

His argument was pretty much the same as yours, just more succinct :slight_smile:

Balance really is easy in the conceptual stage. What’s hard is the fine tuning that comes later.

Conan Exiles Vampires

I rather vampires be a free update.

Vampire cons and pros

+75 armor

+0.5 health regen at dusk

+25 unarmed damage

Hunger and Thirst decays 50% slower

Abilities:

Transmute meal: Turn raw meats into blood

Blood drinker: can drink blood to restore hunger and thirst by 15% as well as heal Health.

Blood magic: Special magic that uses health. Optional to use. Vitality is what makes this magic special. Most likely you would use it rarely. Blood magic is useful for self buffing and close range blood attacks.

Blood drinker frenzy: able to drink demon blood and get a buff from it.

Can’t eat food or drink water.

Can’t be healed by healing wraps,healing arrow or healing potions.

Potions: -50% of potion duration.

2 Likes

I utilized rending flesh to make blood then make blood potions in my sorcery and superclasses mod for the vampires class, whole issue is with native conan exiles is that you would need other classes that give abilities as to not lock people into one play style, I kinda managed this by locking items with a feat checker then the feat checks against itself so people can’t learn more then one superclass.

I think the best system if they were to implement endgame, vampires, werewolves, sorcery, slayers, guardians and sharpshooters etc as classes with each unique roles and abilities would be like my mod to lock them into a single endgame class, would give the game replay value and people wouldn’t be lotusing in and out of a vampire to a sorcerer etc.

and at the same time the server wouldn’t just be full of vampires.

And this is exactly why playable vampires won’t be added. It’s an unfair advantage when all other player races are nothing but cosmetic only.

Saying it needs to be balanced out is a joke. You can’t balance it in any way that they won’t be superior to all other races. Which means ultimately everyone is going to play vampire characters.

And we’ll officially become known as Vampire Exiles.

The Blood Cult mentioned is a far better idea than playable vampires.

I highly doubt that vampirism would be a “race”. At least not in that context. Trying to compare vampires to Cimmerians, for example, is invalid because vampires can be of any race. The only valid comparison is vampire v.s. human. Probably wouldn’t be something you select at character creation either.

As far as the entire game becoming “Vampire Exiles”, that’s ridiculous. Yes, it’s possible that vampirism will be a popular choice. It’s equally possible that it will not be. RPers will do what they like regardless of whether it’s in the game or not. Modders will make anything possible. And metasheep will always follow the meta, which is dictated by as little as which skill or build does .03% more damage this month as opposed to last month. Not how much they actually like the skill.

Frankly, if everyone is going vampire, then it just means that it’s probably overpowered and needs a nerf. That is, if it’s actually “everyone” and not just the whining of some guy who saw one vampire player and started acting like there’s a whole ocean of them flooding his server.

I remember when I played Skyrim, and I got infected shortly outside the first two towns. I really didn’t want to be a vampire. The antidote was not easy to find, so everybody went vampire. It wasn’t easy because each town is against vampires. :vampire:

1 Like

Vampire as a dungeon theme, boss, anything like that - sure. I am not particularly fond of the concept, but they are present in Howard’s original stories, so okay. Though I dare say that Howard’s vampires are neither the Bram Stoker variety nor the glittery angsty teenage nonsense.

As playable characters - no, not the slightest bit interested. Same goes for werewolves, for that matter.

5 Likes

I would love to make a sexy Stygian vampiress
 If only just for single player.

Very true. They were distinctive and also demonic in look and feel.

And for this very reason, based on existing game design choices, they’re likely to implement it :wink:

And one time, at band camp

:slight_smile:

Okay, what we see in this topic is - we are all interested around Vampires.
The Question is right now, what will FunCom do with it.
I think we all fine to get a new DLC around Vampire.
With Race or not.
I have a lot ideas to share with them if they want our meaninigs :slight_smile:

Absolutely not interested in Vampires.

We are not all interested.

We are not all fine to get a vampire DLC.

1 Like

It’s not as simple as that though, is it?

Players that do buy it have access to ‘things’ that are, based on experience, potentially better. It’s in their interest to do so, in fact, as it encourages people to keep buying the goodies!

Rumor and speculation about a new map, but that’s about it as far as I know.

Nothing has been announced as of yet (apart from Jens_Erik confirming a new map in the works). In fact, there have been several requests for official news for weeks now, but nothing yet.

And as Malagant stated, “Absolutely not interested in Vampires.”

Unfortunately, its would also be a cost in time as well (costing the devs all their hard work who were ordered to make it and the community waiting on the next big patch cycle) when Funcom could have been more productive on other things people want (see the huge list of ideas so many people have posted in the Suggestions forums). A poor selling DLC costs both the devs and the community.

Points at my post on vampirism. My post forces a harder gameplay on vampires.

yep but, even if you do not buy a DLC you get the Giga-pack of it anyway, so you earn a luggage that you will not ever use, and this is one of the things I “hate” in this game.

1 Like

I think that’s misrepresenting the general response a little. And by a little’ I mean ‘a lot’.

2 Likes