Wasn't the AI outsourced?

If I recall correctly funcom said they had outsourced the AI development to an external company, can we please verify that? Not because I don’t trust you, but I just don’t trust you. :smiley:

4 Likes

Yeah I remember that being said during EA. Guess they picked up the AI in a special bus and dropped it back off to funcom using a special bus as well.:wink:

Also remember the hype train around it with funcom saying it was gonna be a kick ■■■ AI. -did not happen when it went live.

if you dig through the steam boards you may find some archived posts there.

3 Likes

The AI was acting out, so the outsourcing company did what any self-respecting early-20th-century doctor would: They lobotomized it, and sent it back slack-jawed and drooling. “All better” they said. “No more acting out. In fact, no acting at all!”.

Yeah I’m not sure where I was going with this either, but “bump” I guess?

3 Likes

Thralls AI will only be activated when being fed a very special food which can only be made by an elusive purge cook thrall that you can only get by using god mode :wink:

2 Likes

God mode is the intended way to play the game. Especially on officials.

1 Like

:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

They can’t afford that, they only sold 1.5 million copies… and it’s a different department… :smile:

4 Likes

They should outsource their dev team lmao

1 Like

Ok, now back on topic: It is a valid question tho. It would take some heat away if they were not themselves responsible for the AI. Which would ofc be convenient for them to say so, but yea… Most important thing is, all jokes aside, we all want the game to be what it is supposed to be, even supposed to be 4 months ago. Thralls defending your base against online purges and pvp raids, thralls being worthy companions to take out to a dungeon, a farming trip, a base raid. We want to capture rare thralls from purges(not spawn them in), having a world that reacts to us, … simply said we would like the core mechanics in the game to work.

Boss Key / Lawbreakers

Helping Funcom to develop and optimize Conan Exiles - in
particular, coordinating the Playstation 4 version and
developing the new AI system.

4 Likes

Ok lets go there posting nasty stuff :joy: ,just joking

1 Like

Which will come in a new DLC billed as “The Purge Thralls Pack™”

Get all those thralls you been missing out on when you are offline during a purge. Unique AI that walks the purge thralls onto your open wheels while you are away.

4 Likes

Don’t post that in suggestions please :rofl:

I’ll ™ the idea so i have to get a cut from the sales. - done.

They are looking to hire an AI Programmer.

Let’s go there and apply. Also just joking :wink:

They are still looking for a replacement dev for the one that left when he was working on conan AI and about to make the thralls climb and swim

And dodge ^^

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.