We NEED an ingame report system

There needs to be an ingame ticketing system where moderators can review and respond to problems. this ingame ticketing system would also help report bugs… and players that are exploiting.

I firmly believe players exploiting in manners that cause problems for other players should be banned from official servers or from multiplayer all together…

18 Likes

Funcom have been very open in saying they do not have nor plan to have any form of server moderation. So this will not happen. It’s been told many times when people try and report players blocking areas and such.

As much as I would like to have an easier way to report bugs it’s been talked about enough to know it won’t happen

does not matter “what they have said”. It is a simple matter of what their player base wants. either they fix their sh$# or face a disgraceful flop in users… putting a very quick end to their cash cow plan for cosmetic DLC’s

6 Likes

Hey man I’m just telling you what they have said.

At least they are being honest and telling you it as it is that they will not have it. Unlike other games that have moderating and don’t use it.

Also I highly doubtful this will affect the cash cow as you put it.

Same reason you keep seeing EA games go full release before their time. It’s a huge spike in sales. Same as DLC always brings in alot of sales. The only time you need to continue to keep people happy is on a subscription based service.

This is the sad truth about how marketing works in the current game industry.

You are assuming that Fail.Com (FunCom censors Fail.Com phrase typed without a dot lol) cares. Buy a private server if you want moderation.

1 Like

Here’s another thing… How many servers are there? Across how msmy platforms? And yiu ate requesting people look at individual actions, where there may not even be log files in place? (Yes a clan name may be visible but no clue if chats create a log file that can be viewed) .

How many mods do you think they would need? Do you think the salary and benefit costs of those mods would be covered by the one tome game purchase costs? After all, this is not a subscription based game or one filled with micro transactions.

So in other words, the business case of supporting such mods doesn’t exist. This isn’t some MMO woth a constant income source nor is the publisher some giant company that cam absorb the cost of mods over multiple games. So don’t expect as much moderation as say Wow or the like.

Also, this is a harsh world survival game, not some hello kitty online. You should expect people will try to push the lines of good play to get any advantage they can. I’m not arguing if this is right or wrong, but it will happen so prepare as best you can and accept that if it gets bad, you msy want to switch to a private server or another public server.

Yes its need to implent that, for help and report buggs and player that brake the law!

1 Like

But would you be willing to pay a monthly subscription cost for this service? Otherwise you are asking a company to give yiu an expensive service at no cost.

1 Like

It dont have to be one online 27/7 on every server, just a system that go to a sentral hub to deal whit it. The importan is that they get the info not that they need to respond direct.

For bugs, i would agree. They should have a bug repository and the people in place to sort, prioritize, and fix the problems. All software companies should.

But for people “breaking the law”, again that requires dedicated employees which costs money. If those people are not already in place and the costs accounted for (which is sounds like is not the case), then there has to be revenue to support this which would mean a subscription based cost system. Do you want that? I’ll take a game i pay for only once with minor annoying people over having to pay a monthly fee to be able to report people doing something the compamy may not eben consider greifing.

I actually like that honesty.

an expensive service at no cost?? i thought we bought this game?? Dota 2 is completely free with ONLY cosmestic purchases paying for it… yet they have moderation… FOR FREE… see no matter what some troll says on here… its easy to debuke it… and why the hell would you be trolling an idea that simply wants to better the game???

on top of that whats with all the idiots saying rent a private server… OFFICIAL servers will always be where the people are… and to suggest getting a private server is just stupid… this game will indeed fail if the development team doesn’t wake the F@#$ up

Dota is huge and has the cosmetics to support on going use. This company is not and does not have cosmetics yet.

1 Like

That already exhists…

The game is a PvP game and anything goes. A in game reporting system will be nothing but flooded by bitter people complaining about everything under the sun.

Being the internet, many people will give no respect to anyone and it is not FunComs responsibility to enforce respect. Until the day you can click on a profile and get an address so you can show up at their door and teach them respect, nothing will change.

A really good example of how this does not work is look at games like LOL yes they have banning systems and yes they use them but it has not improved the community in fact it has brought about more people who challenge the system to see how long it takes to get banned.

A moderation system will never win beyond the amount of people who just want to be awful

So Funcom came right out and was honest saying they were not going to be doing a moderation system really do not understand how people cannot respect that it is their game and their decision. And there are still options to play on private servers that have moderating systems/people

that is actually not a good example at all since you can make an account free on LoL - if you get banned say from CE … you have to rebuy the game… SO after the first time you get banned well maybe the person will stop exploiting or cheating so much? got it?? ok then lets move on

and the guy saying this is a pvp game and “ANYTHING GOES” if only you could just go… so intelligent people could converse without your nonsense…

the ticketing system would be use to 1. report bugs… or 2. report players abusing bugs. say a base built inside an area that is only able to get to through glitching.

It’s not only about respect or fair play - Funcom just don’t care.

In general I would say that in game of “Survive, build, dominate” there should NOT be any kind of moderation, but it’s not the case because Funcom provide a group of people with tons of exploits so there are no way to fight back.

It’s already an official game, but those players can still build bedroll entry bases (reported more than year ago), so you cannot fight back. They just look for their chance to raid you (I’m totally OK with this) but you simply don’t have chance to do the same as Funcom doesn’t want to do anything about it.
Oh, sorry - patches are coming - seriously?
They don’t have resources - seriously they cannot hire 2 guys to just remove reported glitched based and to let players to handle it with the toxic players?

No - Funcom basically protect those kind of players and let them ruin the game.
And I don’t even mention that they can use exploits when raid you.

it is pretty wild saying they can’t hire moderators to do this… . and players at that saying they can’t… its just mind blowing how some players just are like ok with crap… and just are sitting there with their hands open saying… please yes can i have another serving of crap…

they can afford it… they can easily afford it… you could get it outsourced even for much less then you would ever expect… and its not like it is going to take a huge team to read a ticket… validate a claim then push it to the next level.