We need real support

Appreciate your attention to this post
Don’t play much on official at the moment but we do to tempting to cheat on our private server’s. Its their use me use me. Slapping hands didn’t hurt that much. LOL @Umborls

I think that the people who intentionally do malicious things either to gain advantages or to purposely ruin other people’s games should be permanently banned, period… whether it’s an exploit a hack or anything.

Building offenses on the other hand should be investigated and yet again judged by their maliciousness.
For example if someone just stuffs a bunch of pointless torches in a building with the sole purpose of lagging out people passing by, that yet again should be perma-ban on the first go, no questions asked.
But if someone has an actual building that has a purpose but it’s a bit too large… that’s the point where they should communicate more and be more lenient and ask them to downsize first via a warning - explain the issue itself.
(I believe they already have such distinctions through those internal guidelines, they’re just lacking the communication part and the leniency when it’s clearly not malicious, someone just got a bit carried away and would probably downsize of their own will if they knew it’s bothering someone or causing issues).

Why so harsh you wonder? Because I don’t think it’s harsh… While if this was some active paid subscription then you’d have some “right” to negotiate and they’d probably have to be more lenient with you (even if they know you were a bit of an a-hole :smiley: ), it is not a service though… and you’re only getting banned from the free Funcom servers, not from the game you bought - which you are free to continually use on other servers. So it’s not like world of warcraft suspending your account and preventing you from playing for example, it’s just them saying (like any other private server owner could) that they don’t want you on their servers.

As for @Umborls , I’m surprised they addressed this as I would avoid such a “fishing” question from a mile away in their place :stuck_out_tongue: It’s never good for them to express personal opinions as they might get lynched for it in another thread 5 months from now or someone taking what they say out of context and claiming they “promised” changes.

Anyway, I’m not trying to be harsh here like I said… I just think that if people can’t have a nice spirit of competition and any sense of fairness then that’s not really the people we should be collecting. And I am aware how far away we are already from that…
(Edit: just to clarify whenever I say “you” I mean the generalization and not you personally ofc!)

As someone in the same field, i understand completely.

Ive actually got another target unfortunately, but i want to see if i can get a hold of the offender before i report them.

I have little trust or expectation that things will change, we have heard the same song and dance for a while now. But that said I do wish you the best in your efforts and thank you for sticking with it.

1 Like

Hello and thanks for the reply. As proof I sent everything: screenshots of the bases, of the point on the map, of how the main way to reach sepermeru passing through the initial area has been blocked, and how such a thing was done even in the jungle. I don’t really care about the huge base, I can be patient and wait for support, but it really annoys me that these players have blocked the way, they are playing dirty and they are ruining the game experience of the whole server. Why can they do what they want and we have to submit? And even if I decide to trust you and wait, do I have the certainty that they will be banned and that I will not receive a response like the one the previous user received?

I would really like to trust you because conan exiles despite the bugs and all the downsides, it remains one of the best online games I have ever played. So I ask you please not to abandon us, the game deserves a lot, don’t let it die.

Uh, how is that possible? Do you mean the path that goes past the Dregs Dungeon, south of the Undead City towards Sepermeru? Becuase that cannot be blocked since the UC is a no build zone. You could just go around it.

I am dealing with near the exact same situation and the same waiting times and understand the frustration, they just build more and more wherever we raid them out not cleaning up after themselves there is a shack every 20 feet in brimlake and they love to brag about their infinite resources in global.

I have sent 12 emails with further additional evidence, including the offenders in question bragging about their infractions and how they wont get banned, I was told this would be investigated 4 days ago and heard nothing back since.

meanwhile I still have to deal with these obnoxious offenders that talk in all caps, build more garbage, taking up more spots, brag in global about their infractions, build shacks every 10 feet in brimlake they always want to pvp noobs then run inside to store loot, if we try and fight them they run inside.

I am finding funcoms lack of communication and speed frustrating, and I no doubt have a new hire on this case given their name, I feel I am putting in too much work into this report and not even a automated response that my additional information is being looked at.

2 Likes

Yeah I reported these cheats a week ago … I am now wiped and my friends are over it.

I think this it for me.

I can’t bother with seemingly doing Funcoms work for them anymore.

6 Likes

This isn’t the reality tho is it? Whatever staff do there amazes me, innocent people get banned left right and center just for getting mass reported, and if the staff even checked the mass report they would realize what’s going on. Just listen to the community, you seem to be more understanding than the other “community helpers” but let’s stop fooling ourselves, we all know if its a money problem they will answer in minutes, anything… Well you base will decay before u get a reply or the hackers have already wiped the server you built up on, any post, comment anything addressing what I just said gets insta removed, so you guys know what going on and decide to ingore it… That says alot

3 Likes

No, I think that part is backwards… It’s been stated a million times that the forums are NOT the place to discuss LIVE DATA on official servers… it’s a place to discuss generalized theories, bug reports, game related stuff… based on which game development can take place.
So if you have a complaint about the mechanics of things, like for example the fact that there isn’t offline protection for raiding… then this is the right place… and as you can see that does NOT get removed

However if you have a problem with who did what on which server and how you lost stuff on an official server… this is simply NOT the place for it… I don’t get why that’s so hard to understand… it’s like you going into mcdonalds and demanding that they sell you plumbing equipment…
The staff here doesn’t even have the tools to deal with most of that with a few exceptions like in this thread.

Bottom line… if you have a problem with official server data, like who raided who and why did you get banned or why didn’t you… then you need to go to Zendesk… and Zendesk is the ONLY tool you have for that… whether you like their reaction time and reply or not… Naming and shaming or kicking up the dust here does not help, it will only make your posts hidden like you yourself said.

I hope that’s clear enough now, good luck thou!

3 Likes

Let me give your advice in simpler words, @Xevyr :

“Dude, go scream into a hole.”

Done.

:rofl:

1 Like

As of yesterday evening, I have submitted about 50 Official Server Performance Help Requests via the in game reporting tool, a report submitted for every time the game has frozen or crashed, since 11/14.

I have not received any follow ups from staff, only the automated message:

Greetings Exile,

We’ve received your official server performance issue report. We’ll take a look at what’s going on and pass the information on to our developers or our server host if needed. We’ll be in touch only if we have additional questions.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for taking the time to report the issue.

Also remember that if you are experiencing any other issues, you can submit a new ticket. We’ll be happy to help you out!

What even is an Official Server Performance Help Request? :smiley:
See?.. I think you’re doing it backwards too… as game crashes / freezes are general game bugs and as such have nothing to do with Zendesk… that’s actually something you should be reporting here in the Bug reports section of the platform you play on…

I think that Zendesk section is for problems with the server… like when NPCs aren’t spawning on a particular server or they need a restart… or the server is offline etc.

1 Like

acutallly-
in response to a question about appropriate use of the in game reporting tool:

Continuing the discussion from Looking for feedback from the Company regarding use of the in-game report tool:

Hmm… let me try to explain it a bit better :slight_smile:

So… on one hand there is the game as a piece of software… and on the other hand there is the data inside the server databases of official servers.

• If your issue is with the software itself… crashes… bugs… unexpected behavior… suggestions to the game itself… etc.
    Basically anything that isn’t exclusive to official servers or doesn’t contain any sort of character / clan / server specific things and it’s reasonable to assume that it can happen in single player or private servers too - the place for those is here in the bug report section of your platform / or feedback / general section depending on the topic.

• If your issue is regarding data on official servers: character related stuff, hackers, bans, inappropriate behavior… land claim issues… basically anything that would become irrelevant if the servers would suddenly be wiped and reset, those are all things pertaining to the official server databases… and those are managed by Zendesk, they are the ones who administer them, they are the ones who have access to that data in order to help you out.

Yes, she is talking about SERVER crashes here… that does not mean your game client crashing or freezing while you’re playing on a server… that means a specific official server crashing… as in the server itself ceases to run suddenly… which will result in you simply being disconnected from it and kicked back into the menu and having to wait till the server restarts. If you’re experiencing that, then fair enough…
If you’re on the other hand getting your game closed with a fatal error and the error reporting tool showing up etc… that is a game client related issue and has nothing to do with zendesk

Now aside from that, sure… you’re free to submit reports any which way you want… there’s a chance someone might read it regardless… but if you submit them to the wrong place, there’s a good chance the result will be what you guys both experienced…
If you bring up stuff that belongs to Zendesk here, your post will be hidden and the thread closed…
If you bring up client related general bugs to Zendesk then your ticket will be closed with an automatic reply like the above…
So it doesn’t hurt to learn the distinction between those two and file your reports in the appropriate category :slight_smile:

Hope that helps clarifying it.

2 Likes

Also some perspective is needed here. ONE instance of a server game does not mean the game is ruined for you because the XYZ clan cheats. Just like if you lose your saved games on single player games, the game isn’t ruined if you lose it all. Does it suck? Yep but the game doesn’t stop being fun because you have to redo things.

Please, for the love of Mitra, don’t do that. The request type you’re selecting clearly says “Official Server Performance (downtime, connection issues, etc.)”. If your client crashes, that’s not a server performance or connectivity issue. All you’re doing with these reports is making it harder for legitimate reports to be processed.

I understand that the difference between client and server issues isn’t readily apparent to everyone. Funcom should probably make that clearer on their Zendesk forms.

3 Likes

Ayesh.

It’s a difficult conundrum.
It is very good that more staff are being onboarded and trained to deal with reports.

With limited staff we run into a trade off, either enforcement is rapid, but cannot be thoroughly investigated, or enforcement is consistently judicious, but takes significantly more time.

Realistic expectations are very hard to manage. So, while this one sympathizes with the main complaint, this one also finds the path forward towards solution to be, in and of itself, a time consuming process.

That having been said, louder and more frequent is not the path to faster results in a ticketing system. Clearing the backlog will only be gummed up and may inadvertently slow the process.

2 Likes

What I’ve seen so far on a couple of high pop PVP servers:

• Clans with skybases, skybases are even easier to make now. It is mitigated by being able to bat fly up but regardless.
• Hacking has resurged again to the point that there is little to do in terms of either mitigation or reports

Of course action on land claim is much faster, 2 days to a week based on reports. But hacking, regardless of undeniable proof, takes 1 week to a month to address and the damage is already done.

So real support? It’s the same situation again, all over and will keep repeating itself until something is done internally to fix the system.

1 Like