We want to have the support beams, please just fix them, so you can't use them infinately

Can we get at least a confirmation here whether this is a bug or indented? I have 3000+ piece structures depending on these to work properly. It is very important to lots of builders as I, and I am sure many others, find this intolerable and will find another building game if they are working as intended.

2 Likes

Any updates? I don’t see anything in the test live notes that addresses this so a little concerned why there is no acknowledgment what so ever from FunComs side…

yes, don’t remove, please just fix.

Slightly off topic but you can enclose a map room without support beams or pillars. An 8x8 foundation pattern (square) allows you do it. It limits aesthetic purposes, but it is fully functional (able to walk by perimeter).

I wanted to post another thought, after building a bit last night while trying to help a fellow server member roof a 10x12 (possibly 10x14) structure with a map room in the middle. While it is possible to roof a map room with another dimension set, it is difficult for larger structures (but not excessively or game-breaking larger).

The diagonal support beams were necessary to help roof his structure. I strongly caution FunCom against removing, in their entirety, the diagonal support beams. losing the vertical support beams is a not a big deal to me. But in order to build various reasonably larger structures, without the main room being cluttered with pillars, the diagonal support beams are a necessary feature. If they provide for infinite extensions, the solution is not removal from the game. The solution is to modify whatever stability algorithm is in play to only transfer a percentage of the supporting structure’s stability. I would suggest that players should be able to build at least 4 to 5 tiles out from the base supporting structure using diagonal support beams.

Can anyone confirm the status of stability transfer of diagonal supports in the latest testlive patch? Diagonal supports have been a huge win for builders in CE.

Devs, please! Don’t remove the stability function of diagonal supports. This will ruin many many buildings! You will piss off and lose a lot of players if you do!

2 Likes