Weekly Community Newsletter - The End Is Nigh

On the first PvE server on your list, will it also be no items dropped on death too?

Awesome Dev team… Can Hardly wait. Love the parameters on the different servers… Keep up the great work.
Thanks,
Chris

I have a question about Xbox One launch, is there another patch/download planned on May 8th ?

I have a data limit on my connexion and i’m planning to reinstall the game in the monday - tuesday night but if there’s another big patch at 13:00 CEST tuesday for launch, I’ll have to delay the install to optimise the download and not use too much data.

Yes, there will be a patch on May 8th. Certainly a huge one.

On PC yes, but on Xbox i’m not sure that a patch is ready for the launch, because of the Microsoft Cert.

I had my doubts too for the very same reason, but the devs have stated here and there that there would be a “Major” Day 1 patch for all platforms on May 8th. We’ll see, I guess, but they’ve even said on Twitter 3 hours ago that “There will be a major launch day update on all platforms that will bring the game up to the launch version” for those buying the disc version on the 3 platforms.

Ok, looks like I’ll have to wait for the launch hour to reinstall :frowning:

Except if they give us the patch weight before ^^’

I wonder why server 856 disappeared?

Got another question, should have asked sooner, but…

When will we be able to download the launch client?
As it will be different of current (test)live. … wont it?

2x?? No, just no… Why?

You cannot put PvP servers to 2x harvesting. Its a truly bad idea. Please reconsider! We want 1x all Officials!

2 Likes

I think that guy in other thread is right:
Having both options would be perfect. (Some 1x and some 2x servers.)

Then again, we might just kindly ask for Funcom reintroducing fast and mayhem servers for those who like them. At the given time though…

You have a mouse in your pocket? Don’t speak for me.

There are enough servers to satisfy both crowds without spreading them too thin. I for one hate forcing modifiers on official servers (unless they are blitz campaigns with monthly resets). Please DON’T follow the Ark path.

Quit saying ‘we’… you don’t speak for everyone. I’m quite happy they’re going with 2x for the PvP servers.

3 Likes

Well to my mind “modifiers” are here to “modify” the original experience. Increasing base drop a little bit wouldnt hurt but making it double is little too much.

I, myself, enjoy current droprates as they give you real sense of improvement once you hit that fabled Pickaxe stage. But im from the more hardcore crowd that prefers things being harder (for example i hate the fact that steel bars can be farmed like candy in New Asgard).

The reason I’m vocal about this issue is that I have played Ark alot and WildCard also meddled with modifiers on official and it did not end up well. Officials should not have any modifiers, officials should be vanilla (except special mothly/weekly campaigns).

I do hope FunCom will do the right thing and re-consider leaving some x1 servers for us, grindfreaks.

Also the 40 player cap: I hate the idea. You are doubling the map in size but lowering the amount of players that can play at once. I know you want people to spread out a little onto more deserted servers but on the other hand having 40 people at most will make this game feel empty.

Me and my friends will be hitting one of the servers with over 10 players (yes we’ll need 2 clans for it). If we reach expected 15 this means we will be facing a) at most one clan of size similar to ours making the server 1v1 arena b) bunch of 25 random people that will be easily dominated and crushed with literally no chance to fight back (not to mention advantage I will have with my folks with the x2 gathering).
Conan will become a game where having 10 people with you can be called a zerg.

its 2 types of pve server so i dont realy understad whay its no the same whit pvp servers! Whay not have a harcore pvp server and a more normal pvp server?

Though those two types wont have those harvest multipliers.
Those two are probably stepping stones to get used to pvp - which then is a reason why I wonder about mayhem disappearing.
I kind of hope it’s due to hackers and griefers, to add some mayhem servers once those guys arent interested anymore. And on those mayhem servers, the clan size should be pushed to 20 or earlier 30 again. (To always have people to defend.)

That - as always - is coming from some pve-guy. (Though I am interested in pve-conflict.)

Yes to ad mayham servers whit no clan limitations is a good ide…